Chapter 33 Jass on board

Not Edited

Previously:

"How could I forget, such a tragic night. I still remember how he cried in pain, 'please let me go, let me go'" he mocked and gave of a snide laugh.

I just couldn't process, that Nick could possibly be responsible for the death of Trent's brother.

How is this possible.

"How do you know he said that?" growled Trent.

"Because I killed Liam Sanders" and with that the line went dead.

☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯

The pain that flashed in Trent's eyes, was so immense that my wolf whimpered.

"Hello! Hello!" he yelled down the line. But no one replied because the phone was dead.

"Who the fuck was that?" He asked, rage filled in his eyes,

I wanted to say it was Nick, but I just couldn't believe it was Nick myself.

Nick could never be responsible for someone's death, it just wasn't possible.

"I asked you, who that was!" he said trying to calm himself down and placing my phone back in my hand.

"I- it's my best friend since childhood. Nick" I stuttered as he looked at me in shock.

"How come I didn't know about this best friend of yours?" he asked, as his eyes drifted to black.

I really didn't want him to shift in the middle of the parking lot for the caffe. To say the humans would freak out is an understatement.

"Shhh Trenton, I need you to calm down!" I said gently rubbing his back.

I could feel him, start to relax at my touch and continued with my gesture. His eyes shifted back to the usual shade of blue and his eyes softened.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled. Especially after I promised I would do nothing to hurt you" he said pulling me into a hug.

"Trent it's ok I understand, when you heard Nick openly confess about killing your brother, then you were bound to feel mad" I said pulling him out of the hug and looking at him deeply.

"Lana I know that you want me to be omega, but after everything that's just happened in the last 10 minutes I jus-" he paused for a second, looking closely at his feet.

"I just realized that I can't lose you, so tomorrow I'm moving my position. I know my wolf won't like that he doesn't have power. But I can take the pain as long as I have you" he said giving me a gentle kiss.

I really wasn't expecting him to say that, I thought he was going to refuse my offer of being omega.

"But I beg off you, please let me take my revenge on Nick. I really want to navigate Blake and Chase on the attack. Since they'll be new alphas they won't really know what they're doing an-" I cut him off by putting my index finger on his lips.

"That won't be needed" I said looking at him intently.

"I can't let you lose your role as alpha, especially after this whole Nick situation. Right now we both have to put our differences aside and find out about this whole Nick situation" I said as a smile etched on his face.

"Thanks Lana, but you really don't have to, I can do anything for you, becoming omega is like a walk in the park" he said looking at me with loving eyes.

I smiled at him, although I was beginning to soften up to him, my walls were still built high and it was going to take a lot of work from his part to win my trust back.