Sam Catch-Up

How you meet:
You had just come home from your tour in Afghanistan and your friends were all telling you to go to a group therapy thing in D.C. They all said it really helped them adjust back to life in the states and deal with their PTSD.
After begging and begging and begging, you finally agreed and made the trip to D.C.
You walked into the room and saw people talking and sitting in chairs throughout the room.
Since you knew nobody, you sat down and went on your phone.
A man walked in and asked everyone to sit down and put your phones away.
You put your phone away and looked up at the man.
He started talking about what you're going to be talking about that day.
You stayed silent but listened intently to everything.
At the end of the session you got up and picked up your jacket.
As you were about to leave there was a tap on your shoulder.
"Hey, I'm Sam. I noticed you were new here and I make a point to meet everyone new." He said and you recognized him as the one who walked in and you smiled a little.
"Thanks, I'm Y/N." You said softly and looked at your phone.
"How many tours have you done?" He asked and you looked at him.
"I just came home from my first tour, it was really hard on me. My friends all recommended this." You explained and he smiled a little.
"How about we get a cup of coffee and talk about it?" He asked and you nodded.
"Sure." You said and he nodded.
"Let me get my coat." He said and walked out of the room.
You smiled and texted your friend. "Thank you for recommending that group therapy." You texted and looked up at him
"Okay, let's go." He said and opened the door for you.
You smiled and walked out.

He asks you out:
(He already asked you out so I'm skipping this)

First date:
You and Sam walk down to a small café and sit down at a table outside to talk and just drink coffee.
"So Y/N, tell me about yourself. Other than you being in the army." He said and you smiled a little.
"Well I have two brothers and I am very happy my friends recommended that group therapy and I think I'm going to be staying in D.C for awhile longer." You said and he raised an eyebrow as a smirk spread across his face.
"And why are you staying in D.C awhile longer? See anything you like?" He asked as his smirk grew bigger and you laughed and nodded.
"As a matter of fact I see a very fine person about two tables down." You said and his smile fell but he turned around to see that you two were the only ones outside.
You laughed as he turned around and looked at you with a pout on his face.
"And I see a sassy girl right in front of me." He said and you laughed again.
"Why thank you, but in all seriousness. I found a soldier that I would love to get to know." You said and he nodded.
"And so did I." He said and you smiled as you took a sip of your drink.

He finds out you self-harm/harmed:
When you got back from Afghanistan, you didn't know how to deal with the changes and the grief that you suffered overseas. You had watched friends die right in front of you.
You had turned to a form of coping you weren't proud of but you couldn't stop doing it. You couldn't stop self-harming.
Sam was over and you and him were just cuddling and watching a movie.
As a habit you were scratching your arms and you winced as you opened up a cut on accident.
Sam noticed and looked at you.
"You good?" He asked and you nodded.
"I'm good." You said but the blood had leaked onto your shirt and he saw it.
"No you're not, you're bleeding." He said and took your wrist but you pulled away.
"It's nothing Sam, I was just scratching a bit too hard." You explained but he looked you straight in the eyes, held out his hand, and said, "Y/n, give me your wrist."
You silently gave him your wrist and he rolled up your sleeve and he closed his eyes.
"You know I'm here for you, you know I will do anything for you. Now can you explain to me why you did this?" He asked softly and looked up at you.
"I'm sorry, it was just...I didn't know how to cope. So many of my friends died right in front of my eyes and I just didn't know how to deal with it." You said through tears and he wrapped his arms around you tightly.
"Hey it's okay, I understand that more than anybody and I hope you know that you can come to me anytime." He whispered and you nodded.
"Thank you." You whispered.
"Of course, now let's get that cleaned up." He said softly and lead you to the bathroom.