Steve Rodgers- Early Morning Run

A/N: I have an announcement at the end!

 Steve had the habit of going out on a run when no one else was out there, well somebody was, sometimes. He smiled when he passed her with a comment of "On your left". She would groan in frustration and try to ignore the man who was annoying her once again. 

You on the other hand were trying running. It was something a friend convinced you to do, saying that you would feel so much more energized and ready for the day. It was sort of like a new years resolution, even though it was mid-May. Having a random guy, who seemed familiar but you didn't know from where, say "On your left" every time he passed you, made you a little pissed. 

One day you decided that you had finally had enough and that you were tired of his sassiness without him knowing you, so you decided to introduce yourself. You got to the park at your usual time and saw the man running already, not breaking a sweat. Naturally you walked right into the path he was taking and stood there as he approached you. He stopped and looked at you with a brow raised. 

"My name is Y/N, now would you like to explain why you tell me your on my left every time you pass me?" You ask with your arms crossed. 

The man laughs gently while looking down slightly before looking back at you. "I did it with this one guy and it turned into a friendly rivalry thing. It's just sort of a habit. Sorry if you didn't like it. I'll stop if you want." He suggested. 

A smile spread across as you shook your head. "No, it's okay. I just thought you would like to know my name, plus you'll probably be yelling it as I pass you!" You said with a big smile as you took off running. 

Steve laughed and shook his head before taking off after you. It wasn't long before he caught up to you and kept your pace instead of running ahead. "I'm Steve, just thought you would like to know since you'll be yelling it when I pass you." He said with a smirk and winked at you before speeding up, passing you making you groan. 

Steve passed you a total of 12 times that morning, he made sure to count and tell you when he stopped running. You rolled your eyes at this and looked at him once more. 

""If it's not inappropriate to say, I think I would like to get to know you more Steve. But first I need to figure out how I know you from somewhere." You asked making his smile fall a little bit. 

He nodded a little and looked down at his hands. "I would like to get to know you too Y/N. My full name is Steve Rodgers." He said and you tilted your head, searching your brain for the name. 

"Oh shit I just trash talked Captain America...and asked him out....." You said softly when you realized who he was. Your cheeks turned pink with embarrassment as you mentally facepalmed for forgetting what Captain fucking America looked like. Now that you were standing right in front of him, you had to admit, he looked pretty damn good. 

Steve laughed and shook his head. "Don't worry about it, it felt good to casually talk to someone who didn't really know who I was at first." He said making you smile a little. Your cheeks were still pink but he found it cute. 

"So um, is that date a yes?" You asked, hoping not to sound too desperate or hopeful. 

"Normally I don't say yes to these types of things, but it would be my pleasure. I'll pick you up around 7 tonight? Or we could just go for coffee after we shower and everything? Or we could-" Steve rambled but your giggle cut him off. "Sorry, I don't do this often." He added. 

"Dinner is perfect Steve. You have a phone so I can give you my number?" You asked and he nodded before pulling a phone out of his pocket. "You already have an iphone, impressive." You added as you put in your number. 

"I don't really know how to work it yet. Stark just gave it to me." Steve explained as you handed his phone back to him. 

"Well maybe I can help teach you the ways of the modern world." You said with a smile. 

Steve smiled a little and nodded. "I would like that." He said as a car horn honked from the side of the road. You two looked in that direction and a man waved at the two of you. Steve groaned and waved back. "I have to go now apparently but I'll call you." He said making you smile. He walked over to the car and you heard the other man say, "Damn, you got a date with her? Still got some moves man, still got some moves." 

You laughed before starting on your jog back to your apartment. Maybe running wasn't so bad. 

A/N: 

Since I've been thinking about not writing this anymore, and I have made a decision!  

I'm going to keep writing this! I may or not keep up with updating this, but I do want to keep writing it. This week was pretty hard for me so I wasn't in the best place when I wrote that author's note. I'm doing better though so now I see that this book is pretty good! 

But I am going to keep writing this book, slowly, but I will be writing it. 

If you have any requests just let me know. 

I'll try to update this once a week. I'll try but no promises. The next couple of weeks for me is going to be busy with school work because the last month of college is always the busiest for some reason. 

Thank you for your support! 

I'll see you soon!