Bucky Imagine - Broken Nose

Meeting Bucky Barnes was an accident. You never thought you would meet him, let alone fall for him. 

You were a new recruit for the team and Steve had begun to train you. He was like the dad of the team so he wanted to make sure everyone could fight someone like him and be okay. 

The fateful day you met Bucky was when Steve was called to a mission and he walked into the gym instead of Steve. You were beating a punching bag when he walked in, but you didn't notice him, you were too busy getting your frustration out. 

"If you kill that punching bag I'm not sure we need to train today." A voice said right behind you. 

You turned around and immediately punched him in the face. Bucky groaned and reached for his nose. When you realized this was Steve's best friend you gasped and started to apologize over and over again. 

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was you and I wouldn't have done that if I knew it was you. I'm so sorry. Steve is gonna hate me now. I'm so sorry." You rambled causing Bucky to laugh, a hand still covering his bleeding nose. 

"Nah, Steve isn't going to know you hit me in the face from me scaring you. I'll just say you beat me." Bucky said looking at his hand to see how much blood there was. 

"I um, okay. But let me help you with that mess." You pleaded and he silently nodded and you grabbed his metal hand and started pulling him out of the gym. He took note that you didn't shiver or stare or even question his arm. It was unusual, but he appreciated it. 

When you sat him down on a bed in the med bay and started to get the supplies, he watched you with curiosity. He noticed that you were biting your lip while probably going over things in your head since you seemed to be nodding or shaking your head. 

"I need to see how bad it is, so you have to move your hand." You said as you brought the supplies you might need over. Bucky moved his hang to his lap and your eyes widened. "I think I broke it..." You whispered. "Oh my god I broke Bucky Barnes's nose." Bucky laughed slightly as you began to clean him up. 

He watched you concentrate while working so closely to his face. You caught him staring a couple of times causing him to wink and you to blush. 

"How did you know my name?" He asked as you took a step back to see how it was turning out. 

"What?" You asked, still focused on fixing his nose. You did decide it was okay and began to clean up your hands and his. 

"You knew my name even though we've never met." Bucky said as he watched you clean his hand without meeting his eyes. 

"Well Steve talks about you a ton, he showed me a sketch he did of you two during war time and I kinda figured he would send you if he was out on a mission. Plus I kinda went to the exhibit on Steve before I started on the team and saw your little section." You explained, suddenly embarrassed you told him the second part. 

Bucky didn't ask anything else as you finished cleaning everything up. "You're free to go. I really am so sorry." You said as you finally met his eyes. He smiled gently and shook his head. 

"No need to worry, I've gotten worse than this from Steve himself." Bucky joked making you laugh a little. Bucky smiled a little wider when he got you to laugh. Something about you made him want to know you more, and hearing you laugh, that almost melted him. 

As he was opening his mouth to ask you out, Tony came on the intercom. "We're almost back and Steve got beat up pretty badly. Y/N, we need you to help right away." 

You and Bucky's eyes met. He didn't realize you were the almost magic doctor that helped all of them get stitched up, and that was a hard job since everyone got injured so frequently. Steve never got that bad though. 

You grabbed your med bag and sprinted out of the med bay and to the hanger with Bucky following closely. 

The jet hands just as both of you arrive. The door opens and you waste no time running in there and getting to the stretcher. As you start working on the many injuries Steve had, Bucky just watched.  

Bucky's best friend lay on the stretcher unconscious, and bleeding from many wounds. "Let's get him to the med bay!" You call as Clint and Natasha push the stretcher with you following alongside and still cleaning up the blood. Bucky watches as you pass, hopefully saving Steve's life. 

"What happened to your nose?" Tony asked when he finally walked out of the jet. Bucky snaps back to reality and looks over at Tony. 

"Just someone getting a little too excited." Bucky says off the top of his head. 

Tony smirks and nods. "I've had a couple of those nights myself. Hope we can meet this girl sometime." He says as he pats Bucky on the shoulder as he passes. 

Bucky sighed and shook his head. No doubt that will be the talk of the team as the weeks go by. 

Meanwhile, you were done cleaning up the blood and saw that Steve just needed to be have a few stitches here and there but he was going to be okay. He regained consciousness when you finished up the last stitch. 

"Good morning sleepy. How you feeling?" You asked as you cut the thread and put the scissors on the tray next to you. 

"Like I've been shot." Steve grumbled looked at you. "How was training with Bucky?" He asked. 

You raised your eyebrow. "It was okay, challenged me but wasn't too bad. Why?" You asked curiously. 

"Just wondering, he's tougher than me." Steve said before closing his eyes and falling back asleep. 

"Sure he his Cap." You said and patted his head before walking out to meet Tony waiting for you outside. 

"Did you see a girl in the compound? With Bucky?" Tony immediately asks. 

"What? I mean no I was in my room and then cooking stuff most of the time but no. Wait why? What?" You asked, flustered by the question even though you two didn't do anything. Just the thought of doing something like that with Bucky made your cheeks turn a darker shade of red. 

"Well his nose is broken and he said someone got a little too excited but I know what that means. Someone got a little too frisky. I just wanna know who the girl is." Tony explained before walking away, still puzzling over the mystery girl. 

Watching Tony walk away, your heart sank. You knew how Bucky really broke his nose, but if he was already with someone then you felt like you couldn't even get close to him. It was possible he just said that to save him from embarrassment from you breaking his nose but still. 

You wanted your shot at Bucky Barnes and Bucky Barnes wanted a shot at you. 

A/N:

Hey guys, I'm on spring break so I just wrote this for fun this morning. I hope you guys like it and I will probably write a second part to this cuz I already have an idea for it. 

Hopefully I'll be able to write more this break since I do have a lot of down time. 

Please consider voting or commenting! I really enjoy your comments cuz there are some really funny ones! 

I hope you guys are doing well, it's been a crazy year and it's only March but we can get through the crazy! 

See you soon!