Sam - Wings

Being Steve Rodgers little sister had its advantages, but it also had its disadvantages. Like Steve, you participated in the experiment with the super soldier serum. Unfortunately, there was a side effect that wasn't stated clearly. You grew wings. After you got the serum injected into you, the wings grew and you were Steve's wing woman. 

You were stuck in the ice with him as well. Which means you were apart of the Avengers. Steve was very protective of you though so you didn't go on big missions like Sokovia with them. You mostly worked smaller missions with smaller teams. It wasn't what you wanted to do, but nobody dared question Captain America. 

Except Sam. He was the only one who would raise questions about you not being allowed on missions with them. You didn't know if there were any feelings other than friendship on his side, but on your side there definitely were feelings. 

Ever since you met Sam you had a connection. You enjoyed being with him and didn't want to stop being with him. It didn't take long for you to realize you liked him, but you were too scared to tell him. 

Sam did actually like you, but you being Steve's sister and Steve being his friend, he didn't want to risk it. 

When he realized he had feelings for you, he started to distance himself from you, worried that Steve would notice something was up. Unfortunately Steve didn't notice but you did. Finally, sick of being ignored by one of your best friends, you asked him what was up.

"Okay Wilson, what's been going on with you?" You caught him off guard and he looked at you for a second in confusion. "Why have you been avoiding me?" 

Sam took a second before opening his mouth to respond but Steve walked in. 

"Hey guys, what are you two up to?" Steve asked as Sam walked out of the room. 

"Well nothing now. I'm gonna go fly." You muttered as you stomped out of the room.
Steve raised an eyebrow as he watched you stalk out of the room and Sam walk back into it with a sad look on his face. 

"What's going on?" Steve asked Sam which made Sam nervous. "My sister isn't happy and it has something to do with you so tell me before I force it out of you. If you hurt my sister, Wilson I swear." Steve angrily said, slamming his mug on the table, almost breaking it. 

"Please don't be angry Steve. I have feelings for Y/N, but I don't know what to do. I've been starting to ignore her, or spend less time with her to hopefully make my feelings start to fade but they haven't. I don't want to hurt her but I'm just a little nervous." Sam explained in one breath.

The men were silent for a minute before Steve started to laugh, which scared Sam. 

"This is kind of scaring me, why are you laughing?" Sam asked and Steve smiled and looked at his friend. 

"You are more oblivious than me Sam. Y/N likes you. She really likes you. You ignoring her or trying to distance yourself from her is a stupid move. All she wants is for you to ask her out." Steve explained. 

Sam stood there dumbfounded at how stupid he could be. 

"She's out flying so you should probably fly around and try to find her." Steve added as Sam nodded a little. 

"You're okay with this?" Sam asked as he started to back out of the room. 

"I wouldn't be telling you to go after her if I didn't approve." Steve said with a small smile. Sam smiled and nodded before turning and running to find his wings to find you. 

You were out flying above the lake by the cabin Tony had purchased but didn't use much. It was peaceful and quiet enough for you to focus on the sights around you and try to ignore the thoughts that were running through your head. 

Your feelings for Sam had grown and it pissed you off since he was almost ignoring you. It hurt, and you were so close to being done with him. 

"Y/N!" Someone called your name making you look up. You see Sam and roll your eyes. Wanting to get away from him, you brought your wings close to your body and dove to the ground, and spread them out closer to the ground so you could land easily. 

You looked up and still saw Sam up in the air. You rolled your eyes and walked into the cabin to get a bite to eat. Soon after you put together a sandwich you heard the door open and you sighed as you took a bite. 

Sam walked over to you and just looked at you for a second before speaking. "I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. With Steve being who he is and your older brother, I was terrified to tell you how I felt. I mean he can be a little intimidating. My point is, that I have feelings for you Y/N. You mean so much to me but I also didn't want your brother to beat my ass." Sam explained by rambling a little bit. 

"Wilson, you are an idiot." You said with a small smile on your face. You walked over to him and grabbed him by his arm and pulled him close to you. "How could I not like you?" You asked him causing him to smile. 

"I mean I am quite amazing." Sam smirked causing you to roll your eyes. 

"God Wilson, you are too much." You said with a big smile. You looked up at him and pulled him even closer. "This would be the time to kiss me." You whispered. 

Sam smiled and brought his lips to yours, finally. You two stood there, enjoying the moment before a buzzer was heard and you two jumped apart, ready to fight. 

"I'm glad you two are finally made up, but you are not going to do anything in that cabin." Tony's voice echoed through the speakers in the house. 

Your cheeks turned pink as you looked back to Sam. He winked at you causing you to roll your eyes and gently push his shoulder. 

"Let's get back to the compound before Tony yells at us again." Sam said, you nodded in agreement before smirking at him. 

"Race you!" You yelled before running out of the cabin and jumping into the air. 

"Damn you Rodgers!" Sam yelled after you with a smile on his face before following you. 

You beat him back to the compound and you greeted him with a smile on your face. "I beat you! Now I get a prize!" You said as he landed. He laughed gently at your excitement of beating you. 

"Well what if, I take you out on a fancy date tonight?" He asked making your cheeks turn pink once again. You smiled and nodded a little as he kissed you gently once again. 

Once you separated you smiled again. "I would love that Wilson." You said making him smile. "Now I have to go get ready, come to my room at 6 okay?" You asked, he nodded before you turned to run off to your room to get ready. 

Sam smiled to himself and went off to put away his wings to get ready for your date. You two had an amazing date and it was well worth the wait. 

Thank you @LateroseSeptimOfArda for requesting this! It was a lot of fun since I normally don't write about characters with wings! I hope you enjoyed it! 

If anyone else has any requests let me know! 

I hope you all are having a great day! 

Thank you!