Steve-Hide and Seek

One of the things you and your boyfriend, the Captain America Steve Rodgers, do is game night. Sometimes it's the new games that have come out like Catan, but sometimes it's the silly little games like tag or hide and seek. It turned out that this time was the night to play the silly little games.

Steve was now counting to twenty as you were running around the building trying to find a good hiding place. You had a perfect hiding spot.

You ran into Bucky's room and closed the door, out of breath. "I need to hide in here." You say as you run to his closet.

"Okay, playing hide and seek with Steve again?" Bucky asked, not really looking up from his book he was reading.

"Yep, don't tell him I'm in here." You said with a smile as you slid into the closet and sat down in a corner before pulling some clothes Bucky had on the floor over you. "God you need to do laundry." You mumbled to yourself.

"Heard that." Bucky called making both of you laugh softly.

It took Steve about 10 minutes before he made it to Bucky's room. He politely knocked instead of barging in like you did. "Hey Buck, have you seen Y/N?" He asked as he peered around the room.

"You know I don't like getting involved with your games. I was about to do some laundry though." Bucky said as he got up and walked to his closet. You eyes widened as he lifted the clothes that were on top of you off. You gave him a glare as he smirked at you.

"You're welcome to look around though." Bucky added before walking out of the room and leaving you to be found by Steve.

Your boyfriend wandered the room for a minute before wandering over to the closet. You held your breath as he scanned through the clothes. By a miracle, he didn't find you. He left the room, making you breathe out.

Bucky came back into the room making you glare at him and him laugh at you.

Minutes passed when Steve was trying to find you. "I never thanked you." Bucky said from his place on his bed. You looked over to him and raised an eyebrow. "For taking care of my best friend when I couldn't." He added, making you understand.

You looked ahead at the wall and nodded a little. "To be honest I didn't want to fall for him, when I realized I liked him I fought the feelings pretty hard. I just really wanted to make sure he adjusted to the world and made sure that he was okay enough to live without you...or Peggy." You said thinking back to how he talked about Peggy when he first came to.

The two of you were silent for a few minutes before you broke the silence. "Do you think he still loves her?" Bucky finally looked at you. "Peggy." You added for clarification.

He thought for a second. "I think some part of him always will, but he loves you Y/N." He explained making you lean your head against the wall you were leaning on. "He doesn't love her as much as he loves you." He added making you smile a little.

"He's right you know." Steve's voice said from the doorway making you jump up and hit your head on the rod that has Bucky's clothes hanging from it. "Doll, you okay?" He adds as he rushed over to make sure you weren't injured while Bucky just started laughing.

You smiled a little at Steve and glared at Bucky as you rubbed your head. "I'm okay Steve." You said as you stood up. The two of you walked out of his room. Steve as he continued to worry about your head. "I'll let Bruce check it out after I ask you something okay?" You asked as you sat down on the couch in the common area.

"Of course, you can ask me anything." He said with a small, comforting smile on his face.

"Do you really not love Peggy as much as me? You wouldn't stop talking about her when you came to and before we got together officially. It seemed like she was the love of your life and I'm your back up." You asked quietly, suddenly very nervous for your boyfriends response.

Steve kissed your knuckles gently and smiled at you. "I did love her very much, and I loved her when I first came to because she was the last memory I had. If you haven't noticed, I don't talk about her anymore, I talk about you. I still think of her from time to time because she was special to me. Like Bucky said, I love you more than I love her, more than I ever loved Peggy." Steve explained making you blush and smile at the floor.

He gently lifted your chin with his index finger to make you look at him. You looked into the crystal blue eyes you fell in love with and blushed even more.

"I love you." You said once you managed to say something.

"I love you too Doll." Steve said with a small smile on his lips before bringing his lips to yours.

You moved closer to him, placing one hand on his chest and another on his cheek. He puts one hand on your cheek and wraps the other arm around you to make sure you aren't going anywhere.

"I thought you didn't do that on game night in the common area!" Clint almost yelled from the doorway causing you two to stop kissing, but you two stayed where you were.

"I mean we normally don't but this time we did." You said with a shrug causing Steve to chuckle.

"Hey, I have a good game! Pictionary!" Steve said excitedly.

You giggled and nodded. "Sounds good to me but don't judge me on my artist skills! they aren't nearly as good as yours!" You said making Steve laugh loudly.

"I'm sure they're fine sweetheart." He said before kissing your forehead and standing up to set up the game.

Steve would find out how bad of an artist you really were, and would constantly bring up the drawing of Bucky that looked like Thor somehow.