Why?

We're gonna hit a little close to home here today.

"Why do you always look away when someone talks to you, Y/n?"

I shook my head, looking down at my lap. "No reason..." I trailed off, hoping he wouldn't ask anything else. We had been dating for a month now, and I still couldn't look him in the eye. It terrified me.

"Than look at me. Please." He said.

"I-I can't..." He grabbed my hands and I let my eyes go towards the ground. "Why not, Y/n?" I tried to pull away, but his grip was tight. "Is there something wrong?"

"N-No. Its just, uh, I don't really like eye contact. It, it scares me..." My voice came out awkward and quiet, and he tilted my chin up with his finger. My eyes went wide as my face was now level with his.

I gasped as our eyes connected for a second, but I instantly looked away. "Why does it scares you?" He asked. I felt his eyes on mine, but I kept looking at the ground. "Just...just trust issues I guess..." I mumbled, trying to tilt my head down. This was the most I had ever admitted to anyone before.

"You can trust me, baby. I'm not gonna hurt you." He pulled my face back towards his. I finally looked into his eyes. The beautiful brown eyes that I had fallen in love with from afar.

"There you go," he whispered, grinning slightly. My bottom lip quivered and I tried to look away, but found myself mesmerized by his eyes.

"Y-Your eyes, they're a really nice color," I stuttered. "Thanks. So are yours. They're like a really light green. It's nice." This was the first time we had truly appreciated each others looks.

"I love you, Ryan." My breath caught in my throat. We had never said those three words to each other before. "I love you too. I love everything about you, Y/n. Your smile, your laugh, your eyes, god, especially your eyes."

He leaned forward, placing his soft lips on mine and I melted into the kiss. "I love you." He whispered, placing another kiss on my lips.