Nightmare

You ran through the woods, supporting Ryan, the mysterious attacker a few yards behind. "Come on, come on, baby. Just a little bit further!" You cried, the rain masking your tears.

"I can't...I can't. Just leave me, it's fine. Save yourself," he mumbled, and you pulled him to the left, and under the cover of some trees where you both fell to the ground. You heard running in front of you, and the footsteps soon disappeared.

"Just go. I'm not going to make it any further, I'm dying. Leave, Y/n!"  You were crying harder, looking down at the bleeding wound on his stomach.

"No, no!" He held your face in his hands, pulling you closer.

"I love y-you," he mumbled weakly, the color slowly fading from his cheeks.

"I l-love you t-too." You were sobbing at this point, trying to keep him alive as long as possible, but knowing he wouldn't make it.

"Find s-someone else, be happy for me. Just t-take this." He pulled a piece of paper from his jacket, handing it to you.

You unfolded it, and he smiled the best he could. It was a picture of your first date. You held it to your chest, leaning forward, and kissing him softly.

"I love you, Y/n." Was the last thing you heard before a choked back scream reached your ears.

I jolted awake, the air caught in my throat, and my whole body shaking. I reached over to the other side of the bed, a sigh of relief coming from me when I realized Ryan was laying next to me.

I snuggled up to his chest, my breathing still shallow as I ran a hand through his soft hair.

"Babe? You okay?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Y-Yeah, just...just a n-nightmare," my voice was shaky, and unconvincing.

"What was it about?" He kissed my forhead, rubbing my back gently.

"Y-You...you died, and I couldn't save you," I mumbled. He pulled me closer as I started crying again, and kissed me softly.

"It's all right. I'm not going anywhere, baby. I'm staying right here," he cooed.

His soft voice helped me to sleep, and soon I was in a deep sleep, not even remembering the nightmare.

-----------

I started crying during this, wtf.