Nightmares

"Ry, come on. It's three in the morning. You need sleep, baby." I kneeled down on the floor, draping my arms around his neck.

"Five more minutes," he mumbled, leaning his head back onto my chest, yawning right after. "You said that two hours ago." I nuzzled my face close to him, our cheeks touching.

"I know. It's just...I'm trying to write a new song, and I can't find the right words," he sighed. "Maybe you just need a break. Something to take your mind off of it for a while." I suggested.

"I'm just so tired of Brendon bitching at me to write a new song, and being on tour twenty four seven does not help. I feel like all the pressure's on me because they're counting on me to write good lyrics and I just can't take it anymore!"

He let out a small sob, and buried his face in his hands. "Hey, shh, it's alright, baby." I moved around to hug him and he wrapped his arms around me tightly. "No reason to cry. It's okay! Just calm down."

He pulled away, and I cupped his cheeks, wiping away the tears. "I'm sorry. I just feel terrible, all of the time, and I miss you. I miss spending time with you everyday."

"It's no reason to be sorry, Ry. You just need to take a break for a bit. You really need some sleep too, baby. You've been awake since midnight, last night. You're getting pale. I don't want you getting sick on me now."

"It's fine. I'm not gonna get sick," he mumbled. "I just worry about you sometimes. It's probably really annoying...sorry." I looked away, and he pulled me into another hug.

"It's not annoying. It's really comforting to know that you care." I smiled, and pulled away before standing up. "Wanna go to bed?" I asked, holding out my hand. He nodded, taking my hand, and he stood up in front of me.

I pulled my clothes off, and slipped into an old shirt, and Ryan just pulled his jeans and shirt off, and left his boxers on. We both climbed into bed, cuddling close together, falling asleep peacefully.

*time skip*

I woke up to Ryan snuggling closer to me, and I rolled over to face him. "You okay?" I asked. "Yeah. Just...another nightmare..." he whispered. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He shook his head, and pulled me closer, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"I don't want to go back to sleep," he groaned. "Was it that bad?" I felt him nod against my neck, and I kissed his cheek. "I don't want you to leave me." He cried.

"Ry, I'm not going to leave you. Is that what it was about?" He nodded again, and I closed my eyes. "I'm scared you're going to find someone better. Someone better looking, someone more talented, someone smarter. Someone who's not a whiny little virgin, like me."

"I don't give a fuck if you're a virgin, Ryan. I am too." He pulled away from me, and I could see his glimmering brown eyes in the dim light. "That's not what I meant. You deserve someone so much better than me. Someone more experienced, someone who's there for you!"

He sat up, and turned away from me, and I started crying. "Ryan, I couldn't ask for someone better. You're perfect. I love you so much, and I'm not going to leave you unless you push me away. And if this is about us being virgins, I don't give a fuck. We can learn together, like always."

"It's not just about that. I guess I'm just insecure, and jealous as fuck," he whispered. "Don't worry, I get jealous too. But I love you, and I trust you."

"You have nothing to be jealous of. I'm just me, and you're...stunning. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life." I blushed, "You're just saying that, Ry. I'm not pretty."

He put his hand up to my cheek, brushing his thumb across a certain freckle under my eye. "You're gorgeous. You're the most beautiful girl ever. Both your personality and your looks are amazing. Anyone would be lucky to have you," he smiled at me, and I leaned forward, meeting his lips in a sweet kiss.

"Than I guess that makes you lucky." I whispered against his lips, pushing him back onto the bed. I tumbled on top of him, both of us laughing. I kissed him gently, and his arms wrapped around my back.

"I love you," he whispered, and I snuggled up on top of him. "I love you too, Ryan." We both fell asleep, comfortable and content.

If this sucks, I'm sorry. It's four thirty am as I'm typing this. Goodnight.