Shower

"Whatcha doin'?" Ryan asked for what seemed like the hundredth time. He was sat on the bathroom floor, impatiently waiting for his girlfriend to get out of the shower.

"You just asked that," she giggled.

"I'm bored," he whined, messing with a black hair tie that had fallen on the floor. He laid back on the fluffy bath rug, shooting the hair tie into the air.

It landed on his face, and he closed his eyes, groaning loudly. She laughed, peeking out of the shower curtain.

"If you're that bored, go read a book or something," she said, shutting the curtain once again. He groaned again, running a hand through his wild hair.

"I don't like books," he mumbled.

"Then go mess with your guitar," she said, starting to hum a pointless tune.

"Sing for me," he demanded, shooting the hair tie at the shower curtain. She shrieked, and he laughed.

"I thought you were trying to come in here with me," she mumbled, going back to humming.

"Well, I would join you, but I don't feel like taking another shower," he retorted.

"Fuck you," she grumbled, washing some shampoo out of her hair.

"I would, but I don't want you to have to go to work walking funny tomorrow," he laughed, grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"You're a dick," she grumbled.

"Come on! You know I'm good," he snickered, shooting the hair tie over the curtain. It hit her on the shoulder, and she jumped slightly.

"Yes, you are. With both things you're talking about," she giggled. He laughed with her, finally sitting up.

"But seriously, can you sing for me?" He put on a serious face then, picking at a loose string on the rug.

"My voice sucks," she replied. He groaned again, laying back down on the floor.

"Your voice is so pretty! Please?" He kept whining and complaining until she finally gave in.

"I will not kiss you, cause the hardest part of this...is leaving you," she sang, and he smiled.

"Turn away, cause I'm awful just to see. Cause all my hairs abandoned all my body, oh my agony. Know that I will never marry, baby I'm just soggy from the chemo, but counting down the days to go." He closed his eyes, smiling contentedly.

"It just ain't living, and I just hope you know. That if you say, goodbye today, I'd ask you to be true. Cause the hardest part of this, is leaving you. Cause the hardest part of this, is leaving you," she finished singing, and he sighed.

"Your voice is really pretty," he said.

She smiled, turning off the water. "Can you get me a towel?" She peeked out of the shower curtain, pouting at him.

He nodded, opening the cabinet next to him, and he pulled out a towel. He tossed it to her, and she wrapped it around her waist before stepping out of the shower.

He got up, leaning against the counter. She pushed him to where he was turned around, and then she started to get dressed.

"Why do I have to turn around? It's nothing I haven't seen before," he complained, but nonetheless stayed turned around.

"Because I said so," she giggled, putting the rest of her clothes on. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I guess we can just go watch a movie or something," he shrugged. She nodded, and they went out to their living room and cuddled up on the couch.