Can We?

"Ryan, can we please get another puppy?" I asked, straddling his lap in an attempt to talk him into my plan.

"I don't think we need another dog," he answered. I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Pleeeeease!" I whined. "I found this really cute puppy online, and she's tiny and fuzzy and she's so adorable!"

He smiled, "I'll think about it."

"You sound like my dad," I complained, but I pulled my phone out of my pocket, showing him the picture of the puppy.

He smiled, and I kissed him. "If we don't, can we get a hedgehog or something small? I've always wanted a hedgehog!"

"I'll get you a puppy," he sighed playfully, pretending to be mad.

"Thank you!" I squealed happily. I hugged him, staying sat on his lap after I pulled away.

Two days later

I walked into our house, setting my keys down on the table. I walked into our bedroom, about to change into something comfortable.

I opened the door to see Ryan sitting on the bed with something in his hands. I walked closer to him to notice it was the puppy.

I gasped, putting a hand to my mouth. "Ry, you didn't...?" I sat down on the bed next to him, petting the puppy's head gently.

He carefully handed the shaking puppy to me, and I smiled. "I love you, you know?" I asked.

"I love you too," he leaned over to kiss me, and I smiled as our lips came together.

We sat on our bed for at least another hour just playing with the new puppy, and our other dogs, trying to introduce them.