It's Okay

"Your parents hate me, babe." Ryan mumbled, holding on to the edge of the pool. I cupped his cheeks with my hands, and he leaned into my touch gently.

I was sitting criss cross on my towel at the edge of the pool, not wanting to get in. I would never tell Ryan unless I had to, but I could barely swim. I still had my T-shirt and swim shorts on over my bathing suit, and I did not plan on taking them off anytime soon.

"Maybe it's because you keep calling me babe." I answered, smoothing his wet hair down, and out of his eyes. He hummed in response, resting his arms on top of my legs.

"What would you rather I call you, darling?" He asked, messing with the hem of my shirt.

"Not that, we're not married," I snickered, swatting his hand away.

"Hmm, yet. Why aren't you getting in the pool, princess?" He asked. I shrugged, giggling at the pet name.

"You can call me that, just not in front of my parents," I giggled.

"Come on, get in. It's no fun without you," he whined, splashing me gently.

"Quit, I don't want to get in!" I shrieked, laughing as he splashed me again.

"Why not? The water's nice," he mumbled, smiling when I leaned down to kiss him.

"Can you keep a secret?" I asked. He nodded and I continued, "I can't really swim." I whispered, blushing.

"It's easy, come on." He grabbed my hand, giving me puppy dog eyes when I shook my head. Damn those puppy eyes.

"I'm going to drown, Ryan." I complained, freaking out when I looked at the water. That's really deep.

"No you're not, it's okay. Please? I promise I won't let you drown." He held my hand, a small smile on his face.

"Okay," I sighed, moving away from him, and standing up. I pulled my shirt up and over my head, throwing it over the back of a chair. I fixed the strap on my bikini top, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"I am not taking my shorts off, 'kay?" I asked, twisting my hands together in nervousness. He nodded.

"That's fine," he answered. I nodded, sitting down on the edge of the pool. I carefully slid into the water, happy that it was in the shallow end.

He swam over to me, grabbing my waist, and gently pulling me close him. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I nodded. "The waters really cold though."

"It gets warmer the longer you stay in," he mumbled.

"Mhm, now you know why I like taking showers more. I don't like sitting in water." I groaned.

"Why don't we go take a shower now then?" He asked, a smirk on his face.

"I'll just have to take you up on that offer." I winked, and we got out to go have some fun in the shower.

------------
That ending tho...