Chapter 2

Enid's POV

Carl and I walked up to our room and started loading weapons into our bags.

I looked up at Carl. "What do you think we'll find?" I asked.

Carl stopped packing for a second, his gaze remaining focused on his bag, before resuming. "The same thing we found on every other run we've gone on." He looked at me and held up his hand in the shape of a zero, meaning nothing.

I sighed, not being able to help agreeing with him.

My eyes followed him as he crossed the room and put his best gun into his holster.

He then picked up my knife and handed it to me. I put it in my back pocket, making sure my shirt was tucked behind it so it was easier to grab.

"Hey," I said, trying to be optimistic. "You never know. We might actually find something this time."

Carl looked at me, a little gratitude in his eyes. He grabbed my face and pulled me in, kissing me for a moment before pulling away and sighing.

"Let's go," he said, serious again.

We both grabbed our bags and headed down to the 4th floor, where Rick told all of us to meet.

When we got down there, we greeted Rosita, Eugene, and Daryl, who had beaten us there, and sat down at a table.

I slowly let my head fall onto Carl's shoulder and we waited.

Maggie was the last one there. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying and I could tell that this was one of the days where she really missed Glenn.

Every time she has those days, I wish more than ever that I could go back to the day that I ran away and change everything. I would've just gotten back in bed with Carl instead of writing that God forsaken note, I would've never told the Wolves where we were, they would've never found us, and Gabriel and Glenn wouldn't have died.

I guess Carl could sense my guilt, for he took my hand in his, interlocking our fingers, and kissed my forehead.

"It's okay," he whispered. "She'll be okay."

I buried my face in his shoulder until Rick started talking.

"Alright," he said in his usual leader voice. "Everyone ready?"

We all nodded.

"Then let's go," he announced.

Carl and I stood up, not letting go of each other's hands, and walked down and out of the building with the rest of the group.

As we crossed to the gate, my breath caught in my throat like it always did when I saw Glenn's and Gabriel's grave. I felt really guilty for not going to Glenn's funeral. I guess I was too busy staying up in me and Carl's room beating myself up for the secret that I was hiding.

I took a deep breath and continued walking.

After Spencer opened the gate for us, we loaded into the RV that Rick and Daryl had managed to save from Alexandria before it went up in flames and headed off.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: I know this was kinda a boring chapter, but I promise that it will start to pick up tomorrow.

Togetherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें