Chapter 23

Carl's POV

"Ok, wait," my dad said, his eyebrows scrunched together. "Explain it to me one more time."

I sighed in frustration. "While I was out, I saw mom and she said I had the option to live or die."

My dad and Michonne simply gave me a blank stare.

We had been stuck in this room for about an hour and I've tried to explain it to them 10 times.

"Look," I said. "I can't explain why it happened. It just did."

"And why did you choose to come back?" Michonne asked.

"I almost didn't," I admitted. "But I couldn't leave you guys. Not JC. Not Enid."

They nodded and we fell silent.

The ropes that bound my arms together were really starting to irritate me. I tried to grab my knife and cut them to no avail.

Suddenly, the door burst open and a very tall and large man with a W very prominent of his forehead walked in.

"Alright," he said. "Let's get down to business."

My dad, Michonne, and I simply stared at him in hate.

I watched as he took a gun out of his back pocket and loaded it.

When he saw our faces, he assured, "Don't worry. I'm not gonna kill of of you."

We visibly relaxed.

"I'm just gonna kill one of you," he laughed.

Our heads shot back up to look at him.

Seeming surprised, he said, "Now you guys didn't actually think that you were just gonna get away with killing so many of my people, now did you?"

We didn't say anything, just continued to stare.

"Alright, now," he sighed, leaning against a table in the room. "Who am I gonna kill?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to see any of it.

After a few moments, I heard him say, "Ah, I've got it."

There were footsteps. After they stopped, one single gunshot followed it.