Chapter 6 - To Marry You

A/N Check out the first chapter 'The Arranged one for the new cast! Also, do you like the new cover???

"So? What do you want to tell us?", Siya asked Divakar Kaka, once they were in his study.

"Well...As you know...both of you have crossed the age of twenty six...", Mr. Acharya began.

"Of course we do dad!" Abhi interrupted, sounding impatient, he was really hungry after a long tiring day.

"Then you must also know that this is the perfect time to...you know...settle down..." Mr. Acharya said, struggling to put it in the right words.

"Wait what?" Siya and Abhi asked together.

"Look at the two of you! You are no longer children and I am not as young. I want to see you two to have a family, be happy and start a life of your own."

"Dad we do have a life of our own! We are happy! We are earning...We are educated, we started two new branches, launched new plans...Dad what more do you want?"

"I want you to...er..."

"What?"They exclaimed together.

"Alright then...I want you to get married." He finally completed.

"You're kidding right?" Abhi said with a 'you-got-to-be-joking' face.

"No I am not", Mr. Acharya replied with a serious face.

"Okay I'm hungry, how about you Abhi?", Siya asked, trying to ignore the situation as if it were a joke gone bad.

"Me too" Abhi replied abruptly, as both of them stood up to make their way out.

"Both of you stand right here and listen! I want both of you to tell me if you have anyone in your mind. Please...I'm being serious here."

"I for starters have no one in my life...and I'm sure even Siya doesn't. So why don't we go have some dinner?" Abhi said, making a bored face, rolling his eyes to add to the effect.

"Wait right there young man! Both of you, let me get this straight, do you guys believe in love and marriage?"

Abhi said,"No" and Siya said,"Yes" at the same time.

"What?", they exclaimed together, turning towards each other with wide eyes.

"I don't believe this Siya! Do you have someone in your life? Why didn't you tell me?" Abhi looked like she had told him she wanted to become a terrorist.

"I do not have anyone in my life Abhi...but that doesn't mean I don't want to! I believe in love and ever lasting relationships." She looked at him as though he was saying he was an alien.

"Really now?? All that's crap! Nothing lasts forever. I thought you were smarter than that!", he scoffed after snorting loudly.

"What about your parents and mine?" She challenged.

"That was ages ago! In case you haven't noticed we live in a completely different world Siya. I have seen how love turns people into wimps. Things like love and marriage will only make you vulnerable and weak." His voice held a kind of patient plea as if he were telling a kid that Santa Claus was just his imagination.

"Abhi! I never realized you thought so rashly!" Siya exclaimed, thoroughly frustrated with his opinions.

"It's the truth Siya. Let's face it! I don't think there is any guy on this planet who could be loyal to one girl." He added as if settling the matter.

"What if there is?" She argued.

"Really? And who is it? Manav?" He spat the last word his features rearranged to show deepest loathing.