Chapter 34 - Part 2

A/N. Warning about some steamy stuff ahead. Also, this one is loooong. That's all. Happy Reading :)

The house seemed quiet and empty as he walked in. Flipping the switch to turn the lights on, he hung the keys back on the key rack. His movements rushed, as his heart was racing.

It was 11:30 pm and he was really tired after the long day, but he was also worried. That was actually an understatement.

He was worried sick. After the long grueling meeting, when he had headed back to her office to check on her, she was gone. He looked for her all over the office, checked with her assistant, only to find she was nowhere to be found. She had left her phone on the nightstand in the office, and he had rushed home to see if she was here. But the darkness, the silence was making him more and more worried.

What if she wasn't home? Where would he find her then?

He bounded off to their suite, plagued with worry and fear for her safety. Pushing the door open, he met with more darkness.

He hurried to their bedroom and sighed in relief. She stood there facing the window, her silhouette striking in the moonlight. He was suddenly feeling a sense of deja vu as he walked towards her.

He remembered that night. That night when they had their first real fight, when she thought he was cheating on her, when she had rejected his touch and slapped him. He shook his head.

They were way past that stage. She knew he was loyal to her, and she was now his wife. After the mindblowing $ex they had today, he knew there was no way she was rejecting his touch. But he couldn't help feeling a sense of dread. As if something was going to go wrong.

But he couldn't think of anything. That wasn't strictly true. He was trying to desperately not think of the three words she had blurted out. She was obviously exhausted and not thinking straight. He doubted she even remembered what she'd said.

He kept walking towards her. No. This wasn't going to be like that night. She was wearing one of the sexist lingerie he had ever seen her wear for crying out loud. This was not going to be anything like that night. He kept repeating it in his head like a mantra.

He walked to her in long quick strides and hugged her from the back, smiled when he heard her sharp intake of breath.

"I was worried about you sweetheart. Why'd you leave the office without letting me know?" He whispered to her. He felt her settle into the embrace, let her body rest against his. Slowly he was able to dismiss the sense of dread.

"I needed to get home and rest." Her voice sounded a little raspier than usual.

"Are you alright Siya? Your voice sounds off and you left your phone in office. I thought you might be upset about what happened today." He said, slowly parting from her enough to let her turn to face him, before taking her in his arms again. Her beautiful eyes shone in the moonlight. God she was perfect.

"I...I was a little unnerved by what happened. You all but dragged me off. I would say it was a little too intense" she said, avoiding to meet his eyes.

Something seemed off, so he asked, "Was it not good for you?" His eyebrows knitting together in worry. Was he too rough? Did he scare her?

"Um..it was. It was...it was actually the best so far." She said, her cheeks visibly warming even in the moonlight.

Relief courses through him at her words. His wife thought today was the best so far.
"I love that you think so sweetheart."

He kissed her forehead and then cheekily continued, "And I love what you are wearing. Is that for me?"