Prologue

The photo has Abhimanyu and Siya as I imagine them to be!

Meet Siya:

Siya Deshpande, a strong, independent, 26 year-old woman who had everything in her life. She owned a company of her own, had the best Uncle in the world and was loved and respected by everyone. She never saw the need of a life-partner in her completely career-oriented life. But she always believed that someday she'll meet him- "The One", who is made for her, just like her parents met each other.

Meet Abhi:

Abhimanyu Acharya, was everything any guy would want to be- at an early age of 27, he owned "SoftTech", one of  the biggest software companies in India, he was the perfect gentleman not to mention his dashing handsome looks. He always recieved a lot of attention from the ladies, but never really cared about it, his only goal in life was making "SoftTech" the number one company. It didn't help that he didn't believe in love and all the "The One" kid of rubbish.

A Preview:

"Abhi, Siya I have known both of you as children and seen you grow up to run the Company all by yourselves. Trust me when I say this...you guys were, are and always will be perfect for each other. Consider this as an arranged marriage.

"Another thing is that you guys own one of the most successful companies of India. Apart from it being great for your business it will also ensure that you get life partners who are your equals and will not be after your money. It is satisfying match from both the heart and the mind. I'll leave the two of you alone to think this through. See you two at dinner. And yes...take your time." He said as he left the library, closing the door behind him.

"I think Dad might have a point here. What do you say?" Abhi said after minutes of silent contemplation.

His tall figure sprawled on the chair, his handsome face thoughtful, while his beautiful hazel eyes searched her dark brown ones.

"Yeah. He might", Siya said thoughtfully, trying to sound calm inspite of the knots in her stomach.

"But..."

"Yeah there's a but..." She agreed.

"I mean it, when I say I don't believe in the love aspect of it all...", Abhi said, trying to clear his own thoughts, by voicing them, "But I just think it's good for the company... and ...well...", he said, not knowing how exactly to say it, " I don't mind an arranged marriage" he added, finally, with a shrug, "Especially to you", he paused when Siya raised her eyebrows, " I mean we do know each other toooo well. And I haven't seen any girl more apt for me...er...you know what I mean?" He looked at her tentatively, hoping she got what he meant.

Knowing Abhi for all her life helped understanding him all too well. Siya smiled before she answered.

"Yeah I do. We are perfect except for one thing..."

"What's that?", Abhi asked, curious and clueless as ever about what was glaringly obvious.

"Love. Abhi Love!" She pointed out the obvious, getting a little impatient.

He frowned at the answer, and Siya realised it was as unexpected as unimportant for him. She sighed at how little he cared about love in a relationship based completely on love, and his lack of expertise, in this field. And this field only, she thought.

Abhi looked at Siya, his eyes telling her that he understood her inner turmoil, and then took a deep breath before clearing his throat. He always did that when he had come to a conclusion and needed to share it with her.

He walked upto her, taking her hands in his, his eyes reflecting the usual clarity and confidence they always held, all traces of uncertainty gone. Siya braced herself for his words.

"Siya you keep saying you love me, don't you?", he looked at her earnestly before continuing, "You might love me only as a friend, but that will do. Our 'love'", he quoted 'love', "...is more than enough for any relationship to work. And as for me I don't believe in love, but I know I care a lot about you. More than anyone else", he paused, lowered his gaze from hers, and spoke the next words through his teeth, a clear sign of vulnerability, she thought.  "More than myself", he almost whispered.

Now how could she argue with that!  He looked so cute and vulnerable, she felt like a stern teacher breaking a K.G. kid's heart. But she had to get all her doubts from him, cleared like she always did. Weigh all the options out.

She started in a kind tone. "Yes Abhi, but what if we get married and say I meet 'the one'? What are we supposed to do then?"

A brick, a large solid steel brick was sliding to his stomach. Why else would it feel so heavy, why else would blood rush to his ears?

"Firstly, there is no such thing as 'the one'. Secondly, I think it's stupid to not do something so obviously perfect for some might-be-jerk who might not even love you back!" He was getting angry. How could she put a complete stranger above their Company, their friendship and most importantly above him?!

"But Abhi..."

"Siya we'll make this work! We always do!" He was being outright firm about this. He knew it was unreasonable of him, but he felt like holding her there, and never letting her go, lest she finds her 'One'. Abhi was shocked with the sudden possessiveness he felt.

Sure it was always there, and he always felt annoyed when she gave any other guy more attention than himself. But it was normal right? Any friend would get annoyed. But he didn't feel like that when Divya gave more attention to others. So what was...

He was brought back from his self- contemplation when Siya sighed loudly.

"You're right", she said, looking thought-through and resolute, " Maybe I should grow up and be realistic."

"Well...you know 'Princes on white horses' are 'fairy'tales right?" Abhi said, air-quoting again. He was feeling relieved now that she saw some logic.

"Yeah...but... I so wanted it! A guy who could brave the most terrible storms to rescue me, the sparks fly when we touched each other, the fastening of heart beats when we..."

"Geez Siya! I get the point. I never guessed you lived in fantasy land! So in short I am exactly opposite to what you want?" His voice dripping of offence and frustration.

Siya laughed. How like Abhi to get offended by some imaginary guy whom she thought was better than him.

"No not exactly! But you are my friend Abhi, there's no spark!",  she added with a hand gesture. She could see he was getting seriously irked, and smiled to herself.

"Oh God! Siya-."

"I know it is childish Abhi...", she took a sly pause, "And. That is why...I am ready to do this", she finished, her grin widening.

"To do what?" Abhi asked, thoroughly bemused by the variety of smug expressions Siya was giving.

"To marry you."