Chapter 7 - Going To Be Mine

It was way past midnight and sleep had deserted Abhi. He had too many things on his mind to even remotely be close to dozing off.

He was going to be married in a month. To none other than his childhood bestfriend, his Siya.

Were they doing the right thing? Siya was the closest person to him on the planet; she was his childhood companion, his best friend and his business partner. If anything was to go wrong he'd loose the most important person in his life, and that scared him. At least he wasn't romantically in love with her and that was one solace.

Marriage was never something he thought about, sure he had a few girlfriends and did date in the past, but he had never fallen in love. He didn't believe in love.

He remembered Siya's face when he said that out loud. He remembered her fantasies about 'the one'. He grimaced as he remembered her words, 'sparks fly', 'fastening of heartbeats'.

He thought of her with a faceless guy, sparks flying between them.

'No!', he whispered in the quiet room, with no one but darkness to hear his words. That won't be happening now that Siya and him were getting married.

She was going to be 'Mrs. Siya Abhimanyu Acharya' and knowing how faithful she was, there would be no other man in her life. The thought gave Abhi immense satisfaction.

He finally closed his eyes. He was lying on his king-size tough black bed, it struck him how at contrast Siya's bed was to his. It was soft and peach...peach. It reminded him of Siya in that t-shirt. She looked pretty. Really pretty.

But his thoughts were taking a different turn. He tried to shut them off by shaking his head and covering his ears with his black pillow. But flashes of her beautiful body kept forming in his mind and he really wished she hadn't screamed and closed the door so soon. He would have liked to see her beautiful body for a moment longer. Hell, he would like to trace the curve of her...

"Shit! This is wrong!" he finally said opening his eyes lying flat on his back.

He would be lying to himself if he said that he never thought of Siya that way before. There had been moments, a lot of them, especially during their teenage years, when he had been obsessed with her. Growing up together with a Siya, watching her grow from a girl into a beautiful women and being purely platonic had not been the easiest thing in the world.

He had had his moments of weakness, like the night after they celebrated their first successful deal.

They were seventeen then, and he remembered he'd just broken up with his six-month girlfriend Lavanya. Siya and Abhi were interning for Soft-Tech that summer, and as their final task they were to close a deal for the company. With his father's guidance and their amazing team skills, their client had been impressed by them.

Siya and Abhi hit the club with their friends. He remembered the amount of convincing he and Divya had done to drag Siya along. She finally confessed to wanting to experience a club atleast once and came along with them.

God she'd looked so hot in her little black dress that was way too short for both his and her liking but was worn by her on Divya's persistent. She had looked so uncomfortable tugging at the hem and so unsure of herself, that he didn' t have the heart to ask her to go and change. Instead, he told her she looked beautiful and was even more protective than he usually was towards her. 

Sometime into the evening, he had had a few drinks and could feel the buzz. They had been dancing for a while, and were growing increasingly close. He had her back pressed to his chest, and his arms around her as they swayed to the music. This was nothing out of character for the two of them had always been close; they were well within boundaries of their deep friendship.