Chapter 13 - It's A Great Idea, My Love!

"Abhi, we are getting late...what are you doing in the bathroom for so long?"

Siya knocked on the bathroom door for the nth time. She frowned. He never took so long getting ready in the morning. Was he not feeling well?!

"Abhi! We have to brief the committee about the 'Artificial Intelligence Project'! That's it! Come out right now!"

The door opened and Abhi came out of his bathroom.

"Will you breathe Siya, and let me breathe?"

But she couldn't breathe. Normally she would've come up with a smart retort, but right at the moment it seemed as if she had lost her ability to talk, think or breathe.

Abhi had come out of the bathroom alright. Sans his shirt. Actually, sans any clothes, save for a towel around his hips. Siya felt her cheeks heat up as she tried her best not to ogle at him.

Somehow since they'd spoken about their relationship two days ago Siya had become hyper aware of how utterly good looking Abhi actually was. His face was lean, he had gorgeous hazel eyes that crinkled at sides when he smiled and held a depth that not everyone could see. He had a sharp nose, slightly longer than normal, but it went well with his lips. His lips were totally male, nothing beautiful about them, and he smiled so often one didn't notice them much. But since the past two days, Siya was obsessed with his lips. She thought they were totally kissable, and had to reign in the urges she had started getting to kiss them. Abhi had a beautiful lean face with handsome features.

Oh if only he didn't have a body to match it. He had a defined well-muscled lean body, with broad shoulders, washboard abs and a well-cut biceps. Oh and did she mention the six-packs?

She couldn't believe her thoughts about Abhi. This was the guy she played hide-and-seek with, the guy who was her best friend since she new what a friend meant, the guy who studied for math with her, the guy who freaked out with her when she got her first period, the guy who took care of her when she was sick, the guy she grew up with! She'd seen him like this about a thousand times before. But something was different this time. She definitely never wanted to tousle up his hair, or run her hands along his shoulders, over his chest, over his abs.

She shook her head. She'd lost it! Maybe it was all the talk about sex the day before yesterday that had her stupid brain all fired up. But she needed to get back to her sane self.

"Abhi, get dressed we need to leave in 5 mins! Here take these clothes and get ready."

She said handing him his shirt. Which he pulled on and she almost by a force of habit began buttoning his it. She gulped as her fingers slightly brushed against his skin.

"Remind me why you are after my life, again." He asked, pulling on his trousers under his towel.

"The AIP briefing. Here, take your tie."
Her heartbeat had gone crazy. She needed to calm down. This is Abhi. Your best friend. You've seen him dress a bazillion times. Can't you get a grip over yourself.

"I have kept the file in my study. I have enclosed all the details in it. Can you please bring it for me?" Abhi asked, as she did his tie for him.

"No! Since I have already done that. And that's quite enough...you look great now shall we leave?" She said, pulling Abhi away from the mirror,  which he couldn't seem to stop looking at.

"Yep. Just a moment."

"Why are you taking your bike keys?"

"Er...Siya...didn't I tell you that day about Natasha?"

"Oh Hell!"

She remembered him telling her that Natasha Chaterjee was coming over for a week or so. She looked at Abhi with narrowed eyes. He had shaved, he had washed his hair...Oh my god! How could she have missed all this!

Natasha was Abhi first crush. He had told Siya he liked Natasha back when they were in school. Naturally, Natasha and Siya never got along. She had always been beautiful. She was really fair, was always one of the tall girls in their class, and wore trendy fashionable clothes. It was really silly that Abhi still had to make an effort for her, not when he didn't like her anymore. He didn't right? What if he still...?

"No way, I'm not letting you pick her up on your bike."

"You won't 'let' me?" He asked with raised eyebrows, a slight smirk forming on his lips.

"You are not going to get the wicked witch on your broom and that's final" Siya said, folding her arms against her chest and stomping her feet.

"Siya don't be childish."

"You can take the car, and I will come with you."

"Siya! You are the limit! Why is it such a big deal anyways?"

"Who said it is a big deal?"

"Well, you are making it to be! I don't think you like her much to receive her at the airport."

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do! You hate her! Don't you?"

"Yeah. Just like you hate Manav."

"Speaking about Manav I hope you remember you have agreed to something."

Oh yeah they were to act like a couple in love.

"I think we should practice, what do you say, my love?" He asked, pulling her close against him, touching his nose to her and wiggling his eyebrows in a ridiculous way.

"Oh shut up Abhi!", she said giggling at his playfulness and smacking his chest. "And you say I am childish!" She shook her head in mock disappointment, when an idea struck her.

"Hmm...You know what? Let's do the pretend thing with Natasha! It'll be fun to watch how she reacts." She suggested. And it would keep Natasha away from Abhi as well. But she didn't tell Abhi that.

"I don't mind. I rather think it's a great idea, my love!" He said, locking her, with his arms resting on her shoulders and his forehead touching hers.

"Will you stop with the 'my love' part of it? It's grossing me out!"

"Siya, my love, you hurt me! Owww!"

She hit him real hard and replied with a smirk, "Sure I do"