Chapter 20 - The Date Isn't Over Yet

A/N. So here's one out of two updates, the next one will be tomorrow. Enjoy😘

She had to shield her eyes from the sunlight pouring into the room.  What time was it? She reached for the clock to see that it was 10 in the morning. She couldn't remember the last time she had woken up so late. She stretched and yawned and froze as she realized she was in her bed.

The last thing she remembered was seeing the battle of Rohan. No doubt Abhi must've moved her to the bed. The thought of him picking her up had her body heat up with excitement.

"Ugh!" She cried in frustration. It was getting too much. Her reactions to his simple, casual actions were over-the-top.

It was unfair that she had developed a burning desire for him, while he only experience a cool-collected sort of attraction. Atleast that's what it felt like last night, when he calmly dodged her kiss and continued as if nothing had happened.

She woke up, trying to think of something good,  not wanting to start the day with a frown, but was feeling low beyond repair.

She looked at the side-table as a matter-of-habit, since Abhi had been giving her flowers every morning for quite some time now.

There was a single peach rose, with a note. She should have gotten over the gesture by now, but seeing the flowers every morning made her feel all kinds of special, and as always, she couldn't wait to read the note that was with it.

She brought the rose to her lips, giving it a small kiss, and held open the note to read.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Siya,

These past few weeks have been one of the best ones of my life. That's because now you hold an even more important place in it. I like how our relationship is transitioning, slowly but surely.

Earlier, I was unsure if we would be able to surpass the strictly platonic line, that our relationship has always been within, but the past few days has given me hope. Unless I am mistaken, you have been opening up to the possibilities and are taking initiatives.

But I want to do this right. I want to take a step forward, the right step forward. Before our engagement, which as you know is two week from now, I want to give you something special.

Here goes...

'Would you like to go out with me today?'

I checked your schedule, since today is a Saturday, it is your day off, there are no pending or emergency matters that need your immediate attention...in conclusion, you have today to spare.

The question is, do you want to??

If your answer is yes, find the dress hanging in your closet and join me for lunch. There's a car waiting to bring you to me.

Lunch is at 12.

Eat the breakfast in your breakfast tray, get ready and come soon. I'll be waiting.

Yours Always,

Abhi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*

She nervously entered their bungalow at Bandstand. She could hear the waves hit the rocks, as her heart beat against their cage. She loved the cream short dress that Abhi had left for her, it fit her like a glove, and was light and beautiful. Her long hair was left loose, falling beyond her shoulders in waves. She felt nervous as she walked to the threshold. The doorman ushered her to the garden area where she stood frozen as she took in the view.