Chapter 22 - Never Going to Change

If only he would tell her where they were going. He knew she couldn't deal with surprises. Though, his last few surprises had been mind-blowing, she thought. The date was right out of a fairy-tale.

It was late and the road ahead was barely visible. Where the hell was he taking her?! Even the cell-phone reception gave up! She opened her mouth to coax a reply from him but stopped abruptly.

Abhi was accelerating the car far too rapidly for her liking.

God! Why the hell wasn't he applying the breaks??

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. She could see the truck cruising over to them, it wasn't going to stop...

"Abhi!" She screamed as the truck closed the distance with their car, with an almighty crash...it's lights blinding her...

She blinked, and sat up straight, she looked around to find herself in the middle of a mess of blankets. Her heart beating in her throat, as she still vividly remembered the blood splattered on Abhi's face.

"Just a dream..." She whispered to calm herself, only to find her voice breaking. A bead of sweat trickled down her sweaty forehead to her cheek, blending with the tears streaming down her face. She knew she was shaking in the darkness. Not caring to look at the watch to check the time, she stood up to do what she needed to, to stop herself from breaking down.

She was still in her office clothes, she had come back home from work, and was finishing up cleaning a code, when she was overcome with sleep and thought it would be a good idea to take a power nap. Now the tight office suit was suffocating her. But she had to first make sure Abhi was alright.

It took her five long horrible minutes to open the door to Abhi's room as the key he had given her shook horribly in her trembling hands. Once she was inside, she didn't hesitate to walk straight to his bedroom, and breathed a shuddering sigh of relief at the sight of him lying peacefully asleep, sprawled the over the gigantic black bed of his.

Her lips formed a smile as she sat on the bed, looking at his handsome face, his eyes closed, his bottom lip pushed out a little like a little child, his hair storming over his face...she jumped slightly as an image of her nightmare with Abhi's hair similarly messed up on his bloody face flashed across her mind.

"Abhi..", she whispered sitting on his bed, clutching his arm tightly, tears streaming down her face as she helplessly shook her head trying to shake of all the bad thoughts.

"Abhi..", she whispered again, so far gone that she didn't do anything to hide the fact that she was crying...she couldn't.

"Abhi...", she cried out again, her grip on his hand so tight it was hurting her.

*

"Siya?" Abhi's groggy voice filled the room, as he lifted his head slightly to figure out what was happening. It took him a while to realize it wasn't one of his wild dreams. He realised with shock that it was Siya, dressed in her office suit, who was not only tugging tightly at his arm but also crying vehemently. All sleep evaporated Abhi's mind as he sat up straight on his bed, beside a shivering Siya.

"Siya?", he crooned, pulling her to his lap, wrapping his arms around her tightly. She didn't seem to care that he only had on his boxers and nothing else as her hand left its death grip on his arm and she flung her arms around his shoulders, pressing her shirt clad chest to his bare one.

Abhi's heart clenched itself into a tight knot, as Siya shook violently, her tears falling on his chest, where her face was digging into him.

What was it? What hurt her? Who hurt hurt her? How could he make the pain stop?