Chapter 36 - Part 1

A/N. This is just the 1st of 4 parts of the last chapter. Just as a disclaimer...It is super short. Enjoy the read :)

He had crossed a line.

His ears were ringing as he stood beneath the Eiffel Tower for god knows how long. But for the life of him, he couldn't find the strength to move. It was like time was frozen in that one moment. That one moment that basically broke 25 years of love. 

He felt like he had pulled both their hearts out from their chests, placed them on a stump and taken a huge hammer to crush them both to pieces. He felt like his heart would bleed out from the pain he was feeling. Is this how she felt as well?

God. What had he done. What had he done!

But the words had stumbled out of him before he could help it. She had put herself at such a great risk. The moment she entered that elevator alone and he saw the doors close between them, his heart had dropped to his stomach. 

There were no words to describe exactly what he felt. He felt so crazed, so scared. Why would she do that to him? Put herself intentionally in such danger. It still made him break into cold sweat when he remembered the ride down the elevator. Never in his entire life had he felt so much fear. How could she have no regard for her own life?

He knew the answer. She had basically shouted the answer at him over and over again. She was in love with him. Her love for him had driven her to the point of putting herself in harms way. He had finally snapped. He could never....NEVER have her do something like this ever again. His anger, shock and fear had made him say the most horrible things to her. 

Things he had never meant to say. Her face when the words registered, when her heart shattered, had hurt his heart too. It was like for every emotion she went through, there was always a resonating emotion within him that matched hers. Then she had gone ahead and said those words. 

We are over. We are over. 

Her words wouldn't leave his head. Those words were robbing him of his ability to think. What had she meant by them being over? Over what? Surely she didn't mean...No!

He had screwed up as a husband, as a companion...he had always known he wasn't good enough for her. And he had gone ahead and proven just that. But now what? Where did they go from here?

We are over. We are over. The words echoed in his head like the tick of a time bomb.

Did she mean she wanted to end their marriage. God. Did she want to stop loving him? Did she want to move on?

He had no right to stop her. Of course she deserved way more than what he was offering her.

We are over. We are over.

He would....he would find the strength to let her go. Find the strength to let her have a life she would be happy living. 

If she wanted someone else, a guy who could actually give her the love she hoped for. He would let her go. Even if it killed him. He wanted her to be happy. And maybe...maybe he could never be the guy who could make her happy. And she didn't deserve that. 

He had hurt her at every turn in their life. Knowingly and unknowingly. But what he did today...it was unforgivable. He would be lucky if she would forgive him enough to be friends with him again.

He closed his eyes and let the reality sink in. 

His marriage was over.

One moment he had it all and the next it was all gone. It was a good thing he had refused to fall in love with her, else this would have finished him off. It still hurt like hell. But he would deal with it. He would find his bestfriend and he would help her deal with it too.

He would find her and apologize. Tell her he didn't mean the hurtful things he had said in the heat of the moment. Tell her it was her decision...she had to choose what they would do with their marriage and that he would support whatever decision she made. He would stand by her no matter what.

He only hoped she could find it in her to forgive him this time. 

A/N.

Hello lovely folks!

A few things before we proceed:

1. I know it is short...if your about to complain about the length...don't.

2. This is the last chapter...and it will be posted as 4 parts/updates. Its just the way I want it to be.

Now, for some actual talk. I know Abhi can be a big idiot most of the times, but you have to understand he went through some serious issues as a kid. Atleast Siya's issues were out in the open, and they addressed them. Abhi has always kept his problems to himself. And that is never the best thing to do. I know he is wrong in more than one way, but he is human. He has a lot of flaws, but he is a good person at heart. He has always cared for Siya, more than anything in the world. He is just going through a tough time with all the bullshit he believes in. Change is always a difficult thing, and changing beliefs and fears you've nurtured all your life is the toughest thing. Siya is a strong woman to be able to do that. 

Abhi just needs time to get over himself. But the problem is...he might've just run out of it. Siya has been way too patient with him. The next few updates will navigate through this...decide on what the future holds for these two.

To all my readers...people who have been reading my story since the beginning....people who have joined the wagon more recently and binge-read the story...people who pour their love for my story by their votes and comments...I want to say a big thank you! Especially to those who eagerly await my updates, can't stop checking their apps to see if there's a new update! My heart warms just thinking about the kind of love you guys hold for my writing. Words cannot express the amount of gratitude I feel for you! :)

This journey couldn't have been possible without such wonderful readers as you folks. Thank you so so much for making each word I have typed worth the effort! You guys are the best!

Love,

Siya

P.S. Yes the next update will be sooner than later :P