Chapter 16

*The Next Morning*

I wake up and it 11am. Wow I slept in. I get up and dressed and walked into the guys room. Sam was gone and Dean was already dressed.

"I'm driving you. Sam has to go and get dad" he said grabbing his car keys.

"Ok" I said and voice was really shallow. I didn't care. I just wanted to get home so I can talk to Ethan. We head out to the car.

*20 minutes later*

We arrive at my house and I can hear my heart pounding in my ears. Me and Dean both get out of the car and I'm frozen, Dean walks around and stands in front of me.

"Look you will be fine. Just explain what happened and you had to do it." he said in a reassuring tone.

"But what if he doesn't listen"

"He will. Trust me." I give him a hug and head into Claire's house. When I'm inside I see Grayson talking to Claire. They both look up and Grayson looks pissed.

"Hi guys" my voice was really quiet.

"Hi is that all you can say" Grayson said in a snappy tone. I look to the ground.

"Gray.. Come on she said she can explain" Claire said and Grayson stands up.

"I don't give a shit. You crushed Ethan! I have never seen him so low!" Grayson yells at me.

"I had to do it. I had to be brutal to him so the spirit would believe that I didn't care for Ethan. I was the bate" I said trying to stay calm.

"NO! That is not good enough. He cried himself to sleep last night. He deserves so much better than you" Gray yells.

"Grayson don't you dare talk to her like that let her explain" Claire steps in.
I run outside leaving them arguing. Dear God what have I done. I run to Ethan and Graysons house.

When I finally arrive I bang on the door.

"Ethan! Ethan! Please open up!" I yell. Finally the door opens. Oh god he looks like he has slept on the streets for weeks. I don't say anything I just barge in and walk straight to the living room and I hear Ethan close the door. I spin around and see him standing in the doorway.

"Ethan please hear me out" he didn't say a word.
"Look it was a spirt called Kyle. Dean and Sam needed me to be bate and the only way it would work was by breaking up with you" I wasn't really making sense but I needed him to believe me so bad.

"Why? Why say all those things?" he said his voice was quite husky.

"I needed Kyle to believe that I didn't love you. It was the only way to bring him out. I didn't mean a word" my voice was so shallow. A massive lump formed in my throat.

"It sounded like you meaned it" tears started to roll down my cheek.

"I didn't I swear. I love you Ethan. Always have always will."

"Jordy I need you to leave"

"Wait... What? Please Ethan believe me"

"You don't understand. My problem isn't that I don't believe you my problem is, that you dragged me in. You broke my heart all for what? To show off too your new family. I don't know who you are anymore Jordy"

"Ethan please. I love you" I whisper.

"I'm sorry but it's over" he whispered back. I can't stop crying.

"Ethan please" I try to walk forward but he walks back.

"Leave" his voice was a little louder this time and I get the hint. I've lost him.
I run out the the door and run back to my house.

As soon as I'm home I run upstairs and into my bedroom. I slam the door shut and ball my eyes out. I lean against my door and slide down so I'm now sitting on the floor. I wrap my arms around my knees and cry. I feel so numb, like I've lost my right arm. No this feels worse.

"Why!" I yell to myself. Why did I have to do that. I have lost the love of my life. My soul mate. My best friend.

I would rather die than feel this pain. I slam my fist onto the ground and my light bulb exploded.
The tingling feeling in my fingers was so intense that it hurt, but I didn't care.

The pain of loosing Ethan was worse.