Chapter 19

I can't stop crying. I hate my life so much right now, I just want my mum.

I hear someone walk in my bedroom I look behind me and I see Claire. She sits down next to me and she is holding a ice pack and a tissue.

"You OK hun?" she asks me. I sit up and she cleans my face.

"I've been better" I said crying a little and she puts the ice pack on my face.

"Don't listen to Abbie, she's a bitch and she will get what's coming to her"

"It's not Abbie... I mean it is but.... Oh Claire it's Ethan. The thought of him being with her is horrible. I feel like my soul has died" she gives me a hug.

"Look hun. If it makes you feel better. Ethan has never said to Abbie that he loves her. He has never looked at her the same way as he looked at you. As he still looks at you"

"I wish I could believe you Claire..... Look just go back to your party I'm fine. I will be down in 10 minutes"

"I'm not leaving you"

"Leave before I drag you out" I said chuckling. She laughs at me and walks out. I lie back down on the bed and my eyes start to fill with water again, when I hear a knock on my door.

"Claire I said I'm fine can you just go!" I yell. I hear my door open and I feel someone sitting on my bed. I spin around.

"Claire I said..." I look to see who it was. It's Ethan.
"Ethan what do you want?" I said sitting up.

"I'm coming to make sure your ok" he replied not making eye contact.

"I'm fine. Can you please just leave" I tear starts to roll down my face. I put the ice pack down and Ethan's eyes dart to me.

"What are doing?" he said and he sat closer to me. He lifted up the ice pack and held it to my face, which makes me shiver. Not because the pack is cold. Because it's been so long since I have sat this close to Ethan.

"Ethan... I... I'm sorry" I said really quietly thinking he wouldn't hear.

"Don't be" he replied.

"Are you kidding me right now. What I did to you was the most unforgivable thing ever" he sat there staring at me and I explain the whole hunt that happened all those months ago.

"You must of been so scared" he said.

"I was fine. The only thing that scared me was coming home and not having you. My worst fear came true." he sat there in silence. I put my hand on his and I can see his breath hitched. I move it away along with the ice pack.
"Ethan I know you have moved on but I still love you. I regret everything that I said to you." I said.

"I haven't moved on" he replied staring into my eyes.

"Wait what?" I said a little shocked.

"I haven't moved on. I only went out with Abbie to try and get over you. But it never worked. She broke up with me anyway"

"Right I'm confused"

"After the fight she walked out and I followed her to say that was bang out of order and she broke up with me. She said she was only using me because I'm hot"

"Is that what she said?" I ask total stunned. He nodded.
"I'm gonna kill her" I said a little too loudly and I cover my mouth and Ethan bursts out laughing and lies back. I decide to lie beside him.

"Ethan, I am sorry" I say and he places his hand on mine and squeezed it.
It was silence for a few minutes.

"Ethan I love you"

"Ditto" he whispered which made me blush. He rolled on top of me with a face slitting grin. He leans down and kisses me gently.

"Ow!" I said and I giggle a bit.

"Oh god sorry" he said.

"No it's ok" I pull him down again and kiss him. It quickly turns into a heated make out and I decide to take it further.