34

I ran. that's the only thing I did. I just ran. that's the only thing I wanted to do. I kept running. I heard calls from behind but everything was blurry.

the wedding was at this massive church with a mansion next to it so I ran into this big house and up the stairs.

"IZZY, WAIT!" Michael yelled from behind me. I didn't listen to him. I ran up some stairs and into what looked like a bathroom. I went in and locked the door behind me. I sank down against the door wall and cried. I cried harder than I've ever cried before.

this is what I've been waiting for. last year, my life changed forever. I met Michael Clifford. we had the "look" my mum always used to tell me about. love at first sight, I guess. but I don't wanna be cheesy right now.

so anyway, love at first sight right? that means I'm in love with Michael Clifford.

but love is weird. like, you don't always have to be happy in love. sometimes, love is sad.

love is sad because people never marry the person they love. my mum didn't. my dad left when I was 4.

you will meet your soul mate at one point in your life. you might be 3...14...38...or even like 93, but you will meet the person you instantly fall in love with.

the sad part is you won't be with them forever.

you will marry someone who is "just as good" as that person. they'll be great, I'm sure, but not as great as your soul mate.

my mum told me she met this guy when she was 13. they were together for like 4 months, the he broke it off with her. but she has never stopped loving him. she told me the feeling he gave her never matched the feeling dad did.

and everyday she had to watch him with other girls knowing that she couldn't have him.

love is so misunderstood by everyone. like, love doesn't just come with happiness. it brings tears...its brings hatred...its brings joy and laughter...it brings literally every single emotion.

and you won't always be happy.

so I ripped off a bit of toilet paper and found a pen and started to write a message.

dear whom this may concern,
if you're even reading this, please hear me out. don't just skip to the end to see what the actual drama is. yes, we all do that.
idc if you're a boy or girl, my friend or enemy, my age or some old woman, you need to listen to me.
one day your ganna meet someone who changes your life. this is the person you will fall in love with.
I want you to hold onto this person. please.
don't mess it up. stay with them man. your ganna want to hold onto them. don't lose them.
this will be the person who gives you butterflies every time you think of them. this was be the person who breaks your heart first. this will be the person who you think hates you.
they don't.
I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, but there's a big one which I don't want another person to make.
My names Isabella Buckley, and I fell in love with Michael Clifford.
And this
is
goodbye.

and yeah. that's the end of this chapter. still one more left though.

geez, that was generally so tough to write. thanks for reading though, it's means so much.

love you