Sweating: Dean #1

Before you read, please know that I wrote these imagines a looooong time ago. There is a lot of cringe, inconsistencies, etc etc so please read at your own risk as I slowly go through and edit them to the best of my abilities. Thanks

You woke up with a start, body dowsed in sweat and sticking to your sheets.

Rolling over and checking the clock on your bedside table, you found it was only 4:28 a.m.. It was way too early to be up, but it was also way too hot in your bedroom. You pushed back the covers and crawled out of bed. As you left the dark bedroom you were careful not to wake the snoring lump you left behind.

"It's so hot in here," you grumbled as you tiptoed through the bunker and towards the kitchen.

On the wall next to the refrigerator, the thermostat was stuck on the wall. It was set at 70° and you swore quietly. Some idiot had obviously jacked the heat up. Still sweating, you turned the thermostat down to the low 50's and sighed in relief as you heard the heaters kick off.

You tiptoed back to your bedroom and climbed back into bed, curling up next to your sleeping Dean. You sighed in content as your body temperature finally cooled and sleep overcame you again.

You woke up with a start later that morning, again. This time your clock read 6am; still too early for what was supposed to be your day off. And yet again you were drenched in sweat. Groaning, you got out of bed and repeated the same steps as earlier.

To your annoyance the thermostat in the kitchen was set back up to 70°. You pursed your lips and turned it back down. You marched back to bed and fell back into a deep slumber, determined not to wake up again until at least noon.

However, not even an hour later you were awoken yet again by a thin layer of sweat coating your body. You threw the covers off of you so hard they flew off the bed.

You stomped towards the kitchen, no longer trying to be quiet. "Why the hell is it so ho-" you stopped as you entered the kitchen.

There stood Dean, in boxers and a t-shirt, turning up the thermostat. He turned around, unaware of the fury you were in. "Oh, hey babe."

"What are you doing?"

"Um....turning the heat up?"

"You mean to tell me, that every single time I got up to turn the heat down you got up and turned it back up?"

"It's cold," he explained meekly.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm yourself. You opened your eyes again and Dean relaxed, thinking the danger was over.

But one more look at his stupid face and that stupid thermostat and you were pissed off again. So, as calmly as you could manage, you walked over to the sink. This particular kitchen sink had a detachable hose that you usually used to spray off dishes. You pulled the hose out and turned on the facet.

Turning towards Dean you said with a grin, "Let me warm you up, darling."

You then proceeded to spray him down with hot water, laughing as he shrieked. The fun didn't last for long however, as he darted forward and snatched the hose from your hand. He turned the facet handle the opposite way and smiled at you.

"Don't you dare," you warned.

"Let me cool you down, babe." He then proceeded to spray you down with freezing water.

It was another 20 minutes before the water fight finally ceased. You both stood in the kitchen, absolutely drenched and slightly out breathe from chasing each other.

Before either of you could say anything, Sam walked into the kitchen.

"What are you guys doing? It's 7 in the morning," he said with a yawn.

"Sorry Sammy."

"Sorry Sam, we'll be quiet."

"Thank you. Now please let me sleep."

As Sam stalked off you both exploded into giggles.

"That was some fight. Too bad I won," Dean smirked, taking a step closer to you.

You rolled your eyes, "Too bad you can't take the L."

"Too bad I'm still cold."

Another step.

"Too bad I'm still hot!"

You and Dean were now inches apart, and he whispered his next words," Too bad I love you."

You didn't miss a single beat as he leaned in to kiss you.

"Too bad I love you too."

*re-edited*