Chapter XVII

"Hi."

I looked up and saw Cayden standing beside me, blocking the rays of the sun. I gave him a questioning look as he took a seat beside me. I look over the pond and ignored him.

"What brings you here?" He asks, looking at me. I turn my head to the side to face him.

"Just needed some fresh air," I said as I grabbed a water bottle inside my bag, drinking it to hydrate myself. "What brings you here?" my turn to ask.

"Well, let's just say... I wasn't in a good mood today," He says.

"And that you also needed some fresh air?" I asked, more like saying it. He looked at me and nodded without uttering a word. He took a deep breath and looked at the pond.

"I used to come here when I was little. My family would always gather around here, right beside this pond to have a picnic," He says and looks at me, "you know, family bonding," he chuckles lightly after.

He lets a deep sigh escape his mouth, "Being little was really fun because you don't have anything to deal with at the moment, all you have to do is have fun, cry and get yourself be spoiled by your parents," he added.

I was about to say something when we were interrupted by his phone. He fishes it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID. I looked at him as he just looked down at the caller ID, "Aren't you going to answer that? Your dad's calling," I said.

He then declines the phone call, "I doubt that it's important," he says.

"I think it is," I say which made him snap his head and gave me a look. I blink my eyes as I stare at him.

His mood went from genuine to mad real quick, "I don't think it's any of your business to know," he says as I was suddenly taken aback by his sudden tone. I let a sigh escape my mouth as I stand up from the bench.

I look down at him, "I know that. But why do I feel like...you..." I stopped as I thought to myself that the words that I am about to say next are just words that I assumed all to myself.

He looks at me and gave me a questioning look, waiting for me to complete my sentence. I then looked down at my feet, "Never mind, I'm just wasting my time," I say as I start walking away from him and towards the parking lot.

"What the hell is wrong with that guy? It seems like everything I do or say is wrong," I talked to myself as I stormed towards my car, unlocking it to enter. I placed the keys to the ignition and started the car, buckling up my seatbelt, taking a deep breath and releasing it after. 

I was about to reverse the car when someone nearly gave me a heart attack by knocking at the car window. I rolled down the window as I plaster an annoyed look on my face when I saw him again, "What do you want to tell me next? That I need to leave this place because this isn't my place to go to? Well, don't worry because I will be leaving soon--"

"Can you stop jumping into conclusions for a second and listen to me?" He says as I widen my eyes and shut my mouth. Why am I giving this guy a second to speak? I tried opening my mouth but my brain isn't cooperating with me.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said and I know I offended you," he says.

"Oh, no! You didn't offend me, actually," I said, sounding so sarcastic which made him roll his eyes.

"I'm sorry, okay? But, can you do me a favor?" He asks as I gave him a questioning look.

"Are we that close now, to be doing each other favors? I haven't even accepted your apology yet," I say as he takes a deep breath, closing his eyes for a second and opens them. For a second I thought that his eyes were about to capture my soul.