Chapter 1

"Angel!" my mom called out from downstairs. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," I said, I love going to the store with my parents, it was like bonding time.

"Let's get going girls!" my dad called out.

"Coming!" me and my mom both yelled out at the same time which made us laugh.

We got in the car and started our trip. As I was sitting in the backseat just watching the scenery pass by, images of a car collision flashed through my mind, I wasn't sure why so I just let it go.

I look out the front window and saw a bunch of cars, I guess there was traffic. There was a line starting behind us too. I sat there looking out my window now realizing we were on the train tracks.

'Uh oh', I thought to my self, I had a bad feeling about this.

"Mom the train is going to come, we need to move off the tracks," I said worriedly.

"No it's not, don't worry," my mom said, but I knew that she was lying I could feel her fear.

The train was coming and I knew it. I started hoping for safety, when the gates started going down and the lights started flashing.

I could hear my parents yelling, but I couldn't understand they seemed to be muffled by something. There was no where we could go and it was coming too fast. When I opened my eyes and looked out my window I saw the train coming straight at me.

I yelled at the top of my lungs as it hit the car head on.

My eyes shot open and I blinked away my tears, I gulped roughly trying to push down my sob. I sat up in my bed and wiped the tears off my face. I looked around the orphange and sighed. My eye caught the clock and I realized it was almost time for me to get up and ready for school anyway.

That memory hadn't made it's way into my dreams for a while and I wish it hadn't; It was just a painful reminder.

After making my bed I went to take a shower in the communal bathroom all the girls had to share. After a quick shower I went to the kitchen for breakfast. When I got there they all stared at me. I could hear all of the girls thinking about how weird I am.

Having the ability to read minds was both a blessing and a curse.

I was the oldest one here, everyone else was in middle school or younger. No one at the orphanage liked me, not even the nuns, they thought of me as the "devil child". Literally every time they see me I can hear them thinking it.

After breakfast I headed off to hell we call school. 

*

Evangeline (Angel) P.O.V:

After walking for a long fifteen minutes I finally saw the doors of Warchester High. Going in I started toward my locker when I got a vision of me being tackled by my best friends. Well at least I know they're here today. Just as I got to my locker I heard them shushing each other.

I smirked, they always think they can scare me but they never can. Just as they jumped I sidestepped so they ended up in a crumpled heap on the floor groaning while a laughed my butt off next to them.

"Angel!" Serenity and Xavier whined while getting off the ground, "Why can't we ever scare you?"

"I guess I'm too cool to scare," I shrugged.

 "Yeah, okay," Serenity snorted, "Watch, one day we'll get you."

"Ha, we'll see about that," I told her giggling to myself.

I only have two friends but that's more than okay with me.

First there's Serenity Storm, we became friends after the accident that killed both my parents. When we were in fifth grade some kids were picking on her and I defended her; the rest is history.

Then there is our friend Xavier Knight, everyone used to think that we were dating but that's impossible beacasue he's gay, which is actually kind of the reason we met.

It was in sixth grade when he had just moved here. He was being picked on for being what the popular kids called 'as straight as a rainbow' so me and Serenity stood up for him saying that there was nothing wrong with being gay.

The three of us have been like family since then. They both know about my parents and how I live in an orphanage, and they don't think of me as a bad person, hence why they call me Angel not 'devil child".

The only thing they don't know about me is my mind reading abilities. I'm not ready to tell anyone that yet.

Just as we were rounding the corner I heard our nickname, 'the nerds', being called out by none other than Mavor Wallace.

Or as we call him, Mr. Popular.