Chapter 30

Angel's P.O.V

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean. Tommy told me," she said answering my next question too.

"That little boy will be the death of me," I sighed taking a seat in front of her, "So i'm guessing you're not freaked out by it, seeing as you haven't kicked me out or called the police."

"No way. I find it amazing."

"And you swear not to tell anyone else right?"

"Of course not. I wouldn't dream of it. I would never spill your secret. You're like the daughter I never had, or should  I say, daughter-in-law? You and Mavor huh?" she smirked.

*

"So how was it?" Mavor asked.

"Awkward," I shrugged plopping down next to him on the couch.

"What did she say?" 

"She just told me some rules and some other things. What did she say to you?"

"She said, and I quote, "It's about time." Then she told me the rules."

"Yeah that sounds like her," I smiled shaking my head.

"So what were the other things?" he asked pulling me into him.

"Just...things."

"What kind of things?"

"You don't want to know," I muttered snuggling into his shoulder.

"Yes I do, that's kinda why i'm asking," he chuckled.

"She talked to me about children," I muttered.

"Oh," he said and I felt him stiffen.

"Relax, she said that she want's some, but not anytime soon," I giggled.

"Oh thank god. I'm definitely not ready for that."

"I'll say. You haven't even asked if I wanted to be your girlfriend yet."

"I guess I should do that then huh? So will you?"

"I dunno maybe," I smirked looking up at him.

"Yeah very funny," he muttered leaning in for a kiss.

"Hey gu— whoa what's going on in here?" Marcus grinned coming into the living room.

"Hey dad great timing," Mavor rolled his eyes at him.

"Hey Marcus," I said awkwardly.

"Anyways, I came here to watch the news, so you guys go ahead with what you were doing," he smirked sitting on the couch next to us. He knew we wouldn't.

"Right," Mavor muttered. 

"They call themselves the Gladiators of Heaven and Earth."

Really? Right now?

"Witnesses say they spoke to them after the bank robbery was prevented this afternoon." The news reporter continued.

Alright that's enough...

"Here we cut to an eye-witness recording of what happened inside the bank minutes after the bank turned into a hostage situation."

Of course. This is so awkward.

The video started and all you saw was black until the guy said "What the hell." Then you saw one of the guys backs and me coming into view in front of him.

"She's gorgeous, huh Mavor?" Marcus smirked.

What is he up to?

"Nah not really?" he shrugged then smiled at me.

I''m not really sure how to feel about that... 

"What do you think Angel?" Marcus smirked.

"I dunno." I narrowed my eyes at him.

A series of crashes coming from the tv made both of them turn back towards it. On the screen it showed me, Xavier, and Serenity kicking serious butt. I guess we do make a good team.

"Why are you smiling?" Marcus asked, that same smirk still on his face.

"No reason."

"Right.."

"And that has been the six o' clock news, join us at again at eleven for more news on our heroes."

"Well i'll be back in a little bit, I gotta use the John," Mavor tapped my thigh, getting up.

I made sure he was totally gone before turning back to a smirking Marcus.

"So, you know too?"

"Uh huh. So can you show me some of your powers?" he grinned. 

Damn it Rachael.

.