Chapter 4

Angel's P.O.V.

Crap.Crap. Crap.

Come on Angel say something this silence is getting awkward.

"Who? Me? Pfft no I...uh..."

"You, what?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I uh... volunteer! Yeah I volunteer here after school. I um... help the nuns out. Yup that's what I do..." I said nervously.

"Oh. Okay. Wow nerd, for a second there I thought you were ugly, fat, and an orphan," he smirked.

"Whatever. Wait, why are you here Mavor?"

"My mom," he stated bluntly.

"Your mom?"

"And my brother."

"And your brother?"

"Are you just going to repeat everything I say?" he glared at me.

"Are you ju— I mean," I shook my head, " what about your mom and brother?"

"They made me come."

"They made you come?"

"Are you really going to start this again?" he said angrily.

"Just tell me why you're here. I have to get inside!" I whined.

This conversation is too exhausting.

"Whatever. My mom and Tommy made me follow you. Supposedly, you're the one who's saved my brother. Did you?" he asked.

"I—"

"Evangeline! What are you doing outside? Get in here right now! You're late!" Sister Catherine yelled, but when she saw Mavor she put on her sweet face. "We were so worried about you. We thought something bad had happened to you!" she cried while coming up to hug me.

Oh how sweet. She was so worried about me. Not. That's what she says, but what she's  thinking is how she is going to have to take a shower to get my "evil" off of her.

Whatever. It's not like I wanted her to care anyways.

"Oh hello there young man. Who might you be?"

"My name is Mavor Wallace ma'am."

"Okay Mavor, can I help you with something?"

"Um... no ma'am I just came to talk to Evangeline about something, but if you need her to get to her volunteer work I will talk to her tomorrow at school."

"Volunteer work?" she asked, clearly confused.

"Yes volunteer work. Come on sister Catherine let's go. Bye Mavor. See you tomorrow!" I hurriedly dragged the confused nun next to me before Mavor could say anything else.

"Is he your boyfriend?" she turned to me as we got inside.

"No he is not."

"Oh. Well what is he then? Your friend?" she looked at me skeptically.

She thinks it's impossible for me to have friends!?

"No he isn't a friend. He just goes to my school."

"Oh so you're just whoring around," she slapped her hand over her mouth quickly.

We both just stood there, wide-eyed. She had never said anything like that before. She always thought it but... never actually said it out loud.

"I'm going to tell the other sisters," I frowned.

That must have struck a chord since she proceeded to slap me across the face.