Chapter 37

Angel's P.O.V

I pushed the door in making it creak, Mavor's head shot up in shock seeing me standing there, he quickly put his boxers back on.

"Angel I can explain."  

"How could you Mavor," I whispered, not trusting my voice.

"I-I didn't mean to," he stuttered

"You didn't meant to?" I smiled humorlessly 

"Oh believe me he did," Vicky smirked from the bed. 

"Shut the fu—" Mavor started, but l cut him off.

"I hope you're happy together," I gave a teary smile and ran out the door.

"Angel!" he ran out of the room.

He caught up to me and grabbed my arm pulling me into him while I struggled.

"Let go of me!"

 "Not until you listen to me damn it!"

"Why should I?" I demanded looking him straight in the eye.

"Because I can explain," he said pleading with his eyes

"Explain what? No matter what the explanation is, it won't fix this. What's done is done. You only care about your own needs and feelings!"

"That's not true, Angel, the only thing I care about is you."

"Then why did you tell her that you loved her and were just using me?"

He stood there.

Dumbfounded.

Wondering how I had known that.

"I-I—"

"Don't even try to lie to me Mavor," I whispered

"I wasnt going to."

"Yes you were. We're through Mavor."

I pulled away from him and ran, but he caught me again.

"Angel, you cant do this. I'm sorry! She doesn't mean anything to me. I-I love you!"

"No Mavor. You cant do this to me!"

"Do what!?" he said, his feelings becoming too overwhelming causing his anger to flare. 

"Make me forgive you so you can just do this again because I know you will!"

"No I wouldn't Angel! Why cant you fucking understand that I. LOVE. YOU," he yelled, searching my eyes for something.

"You don't. You never did."

"How would you now that huh!? I bet you've never felt love in your life! Newsflash no one ever loved you before, not even your own parents!" he yelled before registering what he had said.

"Shit Angel, I didn't- I just—"

"Save it Mavor. You showed me how you really feel about me."

I pulled out of his grasp walked away, and down the stairs. Mavor followed.

"Don't follow me. I want to be alone."

"No I wont do that until you forgive me. I'm sorry I did this, but I wont apologize for saying the truth. If you don't even love me then this shouldn't matter to you so much."

"Shut up Mavor! Just shut up! You're so full of yourself! I did actually love you. I fell in love with you the second I saw the real you, not the guy you act like at school. I fucking loved you!' I screamed finally showing my true emotions instead of hiding behind my shy front, tears streaming down my face.

"Angel?" Serenity said through mind link.

She had heard everything.

I had forgotten to shut it off but quickly did. I didn't want to talk to anyone anymore.

He stood there shocked with the information and at my outburst, never had I raised my voice like this before.

"Angel I," he tried.

"No. Just leave me alone!" I yelled and ran out of the house and onto the street.

"Angel!" he ran after me trying to catch up.

But knowing this, made me keep going even if my lungs burned, I knew that I had to keep going.

He was slowly losing speed not able to match my speed. 

"Angel!" he screamed one last time.

I didn't stop.

I kept running not knowing where I was going.

Tears streaming down my face, blurring my vision.

My heart breaking more with every step.

The same phrase repeating in my head trying to soothe me.

"It's better this way."