Chapter 18

Angel's P.O.V

Beep... beep... beep

I'm in the hospital again aren't I... 

I opened my eyes and just stared at the ceiling, just laying there, not really remembering how I got here, when someone started talking making my whole body jerk.

"Sister Catherine what are you doing here?" I asked, when suddenly I remembered everything.

"How did you know?"

"I studied you, you know, all the while you were at the orphanage you were not like any of the children you were... different, even when you were young you were able to do extraordinary things, you would levitate in your sleep, cause things to break just by looking at them, and I solemnly believed that you were a work of the devil, that you were evil. I swore that I would not let you hurt anyone so I made them all believe you were no good, it caused them to shun you. But ever since that day I slapped you everything changed."

"How? How did that change anything?" I glared letting the anger I felt seep into my voice.

How could she do that? It's not like I chose to be this way. I never chose to have any of these powers, it's not my fault!

"It changed me. Because, if you had truely been evil, you would have retaliated but you did not, I wanted to take everything back but it was too late, you had left already. But your face was embedded in my mind as a burning reminder of the sins I had committed. And when I saw you come into the burning building I automatically knew it was you and then I saw that you were, in fact, the complete opposite of what I had thought." She said wiping tears away from her eyes.

"How did I get here anyway? Was I still in my Angel form?" I asked turning the other way so I wouldn't see her tears I can't stand seeing people cry, it's one of my weaknesses.

"No when you fainted you changed back into your normal self and I came over here with you in the ambulance."

"Why did you come with me?"

"I needed to know that you were alright, so I could beg for forgiveness."

"We'll see how things play out afterwards."

"After what?"

"After I help you rebuild the orphanage."

"What? Y-your going to help? Even after everything?"

"Yes of course,  I mean, you guys did give me a home for eleven years, I owe you that much."

"You Evangeline, are an angel." She said with a watery smile.

I'm sure there was a ghost of a smile on my face due to the double meaning behind her words.

"As you may assume, i'm trusting you in keeping this secret."

"Don't worry, I will not tell a soul."

"Well, I guess I should get going." I said, getting off the bed

I hope I can sneak back to the house before Racheal finds out.

"You might want to wait until the doctor says it's okay."

"Alright, but I have to hurry or the family will get worried, I don't want them to know i'm here."

"I believe they have already been called they should have been here by—"

"Oh my lord Angel are you alright!?" 

Sigh

I guess lucks not on my side today.