Chapter 39

Angel's P.O.V

I awoke the day after, I had finally found out what my headache had been for. I finally knew what it was that my inner angel had been talking about.

I turned to my parents graves and sighed with a sad smile.

"I have to go now, but i'll see you guys again...soon."

*

When I got home Rachael had dragged me to her study.

"I'm so glad you're okay, we've all been worried sick."

"I doubt all of you have," I hugged my stomach, the pain from yesterday coming back.

"He told us what he did," she said.

"Should I start packing my bags?" I asked assuming she would side with her son.

"Why would you think that? I was just abou tto plead for you to not even think about leaving."

"Really? I asked shocked.

"What my son did was terrible, but I hope you won't hold it against the rest of us," she smiled sadly.

"It's not going to be the same around here anymore, there's going to be some tension between me and him, I can't promise we'll get along."

"As long as you stay, we can deal with a little tension. You're like family to us, it wouldn't be the same without you."

I left her office relieved that she didn't hate me.

But my feeling of relief was short lived when Mavor stopped me at the top of the stairs.

"Angel, can we talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about Mavor. We said all we had to say yesterday."

"Angel all that yesterday was just me being angry about a misunderstanding. Just hear me out. I'll explain everything."

"Please Mavor, just," I sighed, "leave it alone." 

I shut my door behind me letting out a shallow breath.

"I'm sorry," he said though the door.

I didn't want to hear those words.

It only made things worse.

*

I had been confined in my room almost a whole month, only leaving it for necessary things, like eating or going to the bathroom. If anyone wanted to talk to me they would come in here, all except Mavor.

He wasn't allowed inside.

Tommy's orders.

Well, mine too.

The only time he could speak two words to me were when we ate or when we passed each other in the hallway. I wouldn't acknowledge him when he tried to talk to me.

He became determined to get me to forgive him.

While I tried my best to act like nothing had ever happened between me and Mavor.

I was still my cheery old self with everyone else, or at least I pretended to be.

The family had been planning this vacation for a while now, he saw it as his chance to do something big for me to forgive him.

"Are you ready to go?" Rachael asked me from the hallway, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Yes," I said with a fake smile.

The family packed into the car and headed for the city, the day had finally come.

I sighed knowing how this trip would end, but I smiled sadly to myself.