Chapter 17

Angel's P.O.V

"You guys almost what?"

"Kissed." I muttered, putting my face in my hands.

"Well you know what that means right?" Serenity asked.

"No, I don't...what does it mean?"

"It means you guys are in looove." Xavier taunted.

"It does not! I hate him."

"There's a thin line between love and hate." Xavier smirked.

"N-no there isn't, I don't like him." I groaned, flopping down onto my bed.

"Oh c'mon Angel he's only messing with you." Serenity nudged.

"Well he should stop before I set him on fire." I muttered.

"Well you are being defensive so it means that you do li-hey!" he warned seeing the fire ball in my hand.

"I told you I would do it." I smirked.

"Alright, alright, just because I don't feel like having my flesh burn, i'll stop."

"Thank you."

"Although I would like to test my theory out one day."

"Wait Xavier she's having one of her—."

"Fire at 1246 Mulberry street children involved."

Where is that I remember hearing that before, shit that's...

"The orphanage." I whispered, coming out of it.

"What about it?"

"It's on fire." I threw open the window, and launched myself out and broke into Angel form.

"Stay and keep the family here."

I flew as fast as my wings could take me. The air rushing past my ears not letting me think clearly as to why I was doing this. The place was basically a hell for me, even if it did give me a shelter. I guess its because even though I hate them it doesn't mean I want to see them dead.

As I arrived at the scene the place was engulfed in flames and it seemed that everyone had managed to get out in time but I can't help but get a nagging feeling that someone was missing, and as the pain from my once bruised cheeks started acting up I realized it was sister Catherine. Of course I would be the one to save her when she didn't even want to save me.

I broke through the already disintegrating roof in search for her, and heard a distant cry for help.

"Where are you?  Are you alone?" I coughed, the smoke was thick.

"No I have children with me." she coughed.

"I'm coming! Don't move."

I found her and formed a plan of action.

"Hand me the youngest." I coughed,  hovering over the flames that encircled them.

One by one I lifted them out and place them near the scared crowd and the paramedics who started checking for severe injuries. I flew back into the house, I still had one more person to save.

The fire had grown and I couldn't pass through quickly so I made sure sister Catherine was okay but putting a shield around her. This is stupid why don't I just put the fire out? Crap, there's no water anywhere, not even in the air. Wait I got it, fight fire with fire right?

I grew a fireball in my hand and it started attracting all of the fire, soon the flames were connected to my ball so I put out my ball and along went the rest of the fire.

I should've thought of that in the first place. I muttered in my head, floating down to the floor and hurrying over to sister Catherine.

"Are you okay?" I coughed, pulling down the field.

The smoke was becoming unbearable we had to get out, as long as we don't breathe in too much we'll be okay.

"Yes, just some minor burns."

"Okay let's get out of here. This way." I whispered, as to not waste the air I had in my lungs.

"Yes, thank you...Evangeline."

I turned quickly which I'm sure gave me whiplash, sucking in a huge breath. Big mistake that was, it caused me to black out my last thought being,

 She knows.