Chapter 7

Angel's P.O.V.

"I shouldn't have told her,"  I muttered.

After I had told her that I was attacked minus the 'magic' part, she yelled at Mavor for not giving me a ride and locking me out. That part was hilarious for me but then she said I had to take self defense classes after school. Which was not as funny.

"Why do I have to ride with you again?"  I asked turning it to Mavor.

"Because my mom said that I had to give you a ride."

"I could have walked," I muttered, pushing up the new glasses Rachael had bought me.

"Yeah so I can get yelled at again? No thanks."

"It was funny," I snickered.

He glared at the road ahead, "Shut it."

When we finally arrived at the gym I was a little hesitant in getting out, which annoyed Mavor.

"Out."

"I'm going, I'm going,"  I got out and slammed the door behind me, turning back to grin at Mavor's glaring face.

"Hello?" I asked opening the door.

"Hey there come on in,"  a woman —whom i'm assuming is the trainer— said coming up to me.

"Okay class this is Evangeline."

 I waved awkwardly, "Hi."

There was a chorus of hellos.

"Since this is your first day we have to test your strength. To see if you should be in this class, a lower class or maybe even a higher class," she laughed slightly and shook her head, "but I doubt that since you're so small." 

I frowned slightly, "Okay so what do I do?" 

"Follow me. Here we have a young man in protective gear. What you have to do is show me what you would do if he attacked you."

 I nodded, "Alright."

"Okay Mitch attack."

"Wait— oomph!" I cried as he crashed into me causing us to fall; his whole body landing on top of me. 

"Mitch get off me," I said but my voice was muffled by his gear so it sounded more like gibberish than actual words.

"Oh sorry," he apologized scrambling off me.

"It's fine," I mumbled sitting up.

"Okay that was a failure," the lady laughed.

"Yeah I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do."

"Okay what you do is kick him in the groin."

"What?"

"Kick him in the—"

"No, no I heard you. I just meant why would you do that first?"

"Because that's the most effective way to defend ourselves as women," she smiled with a nod.

I frowned and shook my head, "I don't think so."

"Just try it, we need to test your strength or we can test how hard you can slap if kicking isn't your thing?"

"Well then can I slap something that isn't alive? I don't really feel like slapping Mitch."

"Sure there's a punching bag over there," she smiled pointing it out in the far corner of the room.