Chapter 16

Angel's P.O.V

"...I''m going to have to tell her later before Kevin or that James guy makes their move."

"What!?" I yelped.

"What's wrong!?" Marcus turned around in his seat as did everyone else. Oh thank god we were at a stop we could have crashed.

"Uh sorry...I fell asleep and uh had a nightmare...yeah."

"But you had your eyes open this whole time." Kevin said.

"I sleep with my eyes open sometimes." I said, lamely.

"Oh really? You should teach me sometime."

"Leave her alone man." Mavor muttered.

Just hearing his voice made me stiffen. This is going to make living with him even more difficult.

"What's up with you?" Kevin asked Mavor, turning around.

"Nothing, i'm just tired." Mavor muttered.

"Tired of what?"

"You." Mavor thought to himself.

I shut off my mind reading quickly. I don't want to ever listen to what goes on in his mind again...well not now at least.

"From running around all day, obviously."

"Uh huh." 

*

"Well since there are four bathrooms you guys go shower and i'll give Tommy a bath, then you can go Ricky and i'll go last." Rachael said as we got out of the car.

"Why do I have to go first?" Tommy whined.

"Because you're the smallest and you need help." 

"But I don't wanna, I hate baths." he mumbled stomping his foot.

"But you have to, you're dirty from sea water and sand."

"No." he frowned and Rachael sighed.

"Would it be alright if i made dinner tonight Rachael?" I asked.

"Yeah sure Angel. Why do you ask?"

"It's just a trick I use on Serenity sometimes." I whispered towards her.

"What do you mean?"

"Watch. Tommy if you go take a bath i'll make you some of my special dessert tonight."

"Is it good?" he murmured looking at me through his lashes.

"It's the best. Once Serenity locked herself in the bathroom and ate it all by herself and wouldn't let anyone in until she finished it, it was pretty funny." 

"Well then what are we waiting for? Mom come on I don't have all day!" he yelled taking his shirt off and running up the stairs.

"Thanks so much Angel, this is the fastest he's ever been convinced to take a bath." she smiled.

"Mom come on already!" Tommy yelled from upstairs.

"I guess I better get going." She said, shaking her head.

We all laughed and went our separate ways, both me and Mavor had to go up the stairs so it was sort of awkward, well for me at least. At least he didn't say anything all the way up to our rooms.

*

After my shower I blow dried my hair and got dressed. I would have just put on my pjs but I had to go to the store to pick up ingredients for dinner. I hope I can sneak out before Racheal sees me and makes Mavor drive me. And as if fate hasn't tampered with my life enough I bump into the smirking brute as I walked out of my room.