Chapter 38

Angel's P.O.V

I ran for a long time, until I arrived at a place I hadn't been to in years. I guess this would be as good a time to visit as ever.

"Hey mom, hey dad," I whispered, sitting in front of the two graves of my parents, running my hands over the tombstones.

"I'm sorry I never visit," I said softly, "I'll try to visit often now."

"I really wish you guys were here...I miss you," tears starting forming in my eyes.

"I wish you guys could see me now, well, not right now i'm kind of a mess. I just broke up with my boyfriend, I wish you could be here to help with  this heartache mom, and you dad, to protect me from it in the first place."

I wiped away a few stray tears my breathing becoming shallow.

"The rest of the family that I live with is great though, I bet you would have loved them."

I spent that night at the cemetery, I cried myself to sleep. Grieving over my parents, and everything else.

*

Mavor's P.O.V

"Where could that girl be?" mom asked no one in particular, pacing around the room. It was midnight and Angel was still not back yet.

"Mavor, have you gotten a hold of Angel yet?" mom asked worriedly.

"No," I sighed putting my head in my hands.

"What do you know?"

"What do you mean?" I asked stiffening at her accusation.

'Your acting all guilty. What did you do?"

"I..." I tried to think of a lie.

"The truth Mavor." 

"I cheated on her," I whispered sadly.

"You what?!" she yelled, making dad come running to the room.

"What happened?"

"I didn't mean to," I cried.

"Didn't mean to what?" dad frowned.

"He cheated on Angel."

"Son," he sighed shaking his head in disappointment.

"She did it first!" I tried to reason with them.

"I have a hard time believing that," mom frowned.

"Look," I showed them all the pictures that I had sent myself from Vicky's phone.

"If you actually think she cheated on you than you are an idiot," mom glared throwing the phone at the bed, and storming out quietly praying to herself, for Angel to be okay.

"How am I an idiot I have the proof right here."

"Angel looks surprised, stiff and uncomfortable in all of these pictures...son this was obviously a set up," dad sighed before leaving the room.

They left me wondering if I had made a huge mistake.

*

"You son of a bitch!" Serenity growled at me, barging into my room.

"Whoa, we wouldn't want you doing anything to land you in jail," Xavier said, pulling her back slightly.

"What the hell are you doing in here? Who let you in?" I asked, slightly scared of Serenity's murderous glare.

For her name being Serenity, she was never very calm.

"How could you do that to her!."

"You don't know the whole story! Or maybe you do!" I accused.

"What the hell are you talking about?" 

"You're her bestfriend, i'm sure she's told you all about the guy she's cheating on me with!

"Her cheating on you!? There must be something wrong in your brain if you think Angel would ever do something that low! Can you believe this guy?" she asked, turning to Xavier.

"She loves you man."

I was angry at myself, angry at the situation, angry at everyone for knowing I was in the wrong, I wanted to blame Angel, deep down I knew she would never hurt me liike that, but my brain wouldn't let me accept it. I just couldn't stop the words coming out of my mouth, the same way I had spoken to Angel earlier.

"What the fuck does she know about love? Her own parents didn't love her, they just dropped her off like a piece of trash."

Less than a second after the words left my mouth, I was pinned against the wall.

"Don't you, ever. Fucking speak that way about Angel ever again. You don't know shit about her."

We glared at each other before he finally let me go. The room stayed silent for a while before I decided to say something.

"I have proof." 

"What proof?" Serenity narrowed her eyes at me.

"This." 

I handed her my phone and she barely looked at the first picture when she was already throwing my phone across the room.

"Hey!"

"You think she's cheating on you with that creep! He's been stalking her and she didn't tell you because she didn't want to worry you. Unlike you she cares about other peoples feelings before her own."

"I do care about her. I made a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes," I frowned.

"Not this bad, what you said and did to her today was so low."

"How do you know what happened? Did she talk to you? Do you know where she is?"

"It doesn't matter how I know. We have no clue where she is, and it's all your fault. You better hope to god she's okay, because if anything has happened to her, i'll kill you," Serenity growled, storming out of my room.

"Wait! I stopped Xavier from leaving, "How do I fix this? I'll do anything! I honestly, truly do love her," I begged, what else could I do? I had fucked up big time.

"You hurt one of the sweetest girl's out there, i'm not sure there is anything you can do."