Chapter 26

Angel's P.O.V

Mavor was staring at me wide eyed from the window, my yell almost causing him to fall off the ladder he was on.

"What's wrong?" Xavier, Serenity and Cindy burst through the door.

I pointed to the window as I held the pillow I had picked up, closer to my chest.

"You're such a creep," Cindy said, closing the window the rest of the way and shutting the curtains.

"You should always close your curtains before you get undressed," Xavier scolded.

"You're right I just didn't think about it."

"Well now that we're here again, we'll help you get ready. I've always wanted to dress you up," Xavier smirked.

"Just turn around Xavier," I deadpanned.

"We'll help you with your hair after you get dressed," Cindy smiled.

I went into the bathroom and put on the dress finally remembering how short it was.

"I forgot how short this was," I muttered, voicing my thoughts.

"It'll be even shorter when you put on some heels."

"No I'm wearing flats end of story no room for discussion."

"Fine now come here and let us do your hair."

*

"You look hot," Serenity complimented.

"Thanks, but I don't really care what I look like."

"I agree. I'm glad you refused to wear makeup you look great without it."

"Let's just go before I change my mind."

As we neared the stairs my ears started hurting the music was so loud. And I thought it was loud from my room...

As we walked through the crowd people stopped and stared at me. I'm not being conceited they really were.

"Why are they staring at me?"

"You're hot. What do you expect?" Xavier shrugged.

"I thought the point of this was to make me not stand out." I grumbled. 

"At least now you stand out for a good reason."

"I wouldn't say this is good."

"Come on just forget about it and dance."

"I'm not sure what this is but it isn't dancing." I raised an eyebrow, looking at the couples bumping and grinding.

"Well you don't have to dance like that, just go with the beat."

"Okay then..."

I started moving my arms and gradually let myself go with the beat. This was actually kind of fun. Suddenly I felt hands on my hips, at first I thought it was Mavor, until I turned around. It was some guy I didn't recognize.

"Don't ever put your hands on me again."

"C'mon you know you want me," he hiccuped, making me realize that he reeked of alcohol.

"No I don't," I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"Leave her alone," Serenity glared from beside me.

"Fuck off. This has nothing to do with you," he sneered, before grabbing onto my wrist tightly.

"Let go!" I tried pulling my wrist away.

Xavier and Serenity tried pulling him away as Cindy tried prying his hand off me, but it wasn't working.