Chapter 9 (Part 1)

Angel's P.O.V.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

What's that noise? The alarm clock? I don't remember coming home. As I tried hitting the snooze button my whole body burst into immense pain.

"Uggh." I groaned trying to open my eyes.

"Nurse! Nurse!"

"Wha-?" I groaned when the light hit my eyes as I sat up slowly.

"Honey I'm so glad you're awake!" Rachael squealed.

I tried to talk but I couldn't, my throat felt like I had swallowed sand paper.

"Wate-" I tried to ask for some water but I couldn't so I settled for just pointing at my throat.

"Oh that's right you must be so thirsty! I'll go fetch you a cup of water."

I looked to the side of where I was lying and saw a heart monitor. Oh that's what the beeping was. Why am I in a hospital room?

"He knocked you out."

Mavor's voice startled me causing my head to snap towards where he was sitting near the foot of the bed. How hadn't I seen him before?

I tried to ask what he meant but my throat still hurt.

"Here you go Angel." Marcus said coming in to the room with Tommy and Ricky.

I took the cup and drank the water greedily. I gasped as I finished the water in one breath.

I cleared my throat, "Where's Rachael?" I thought she was going to get me the water.

"She told me to give you the water because she was busy yelling at the nurses for not coming when she called." Marcus smirked.

I smiled and shook my head. Good'ole Rachael.

"Why am I here anyway?"

"Well you had an accident of some sorts." He said with a clenched jaw. I wonder why.

"Really? What?"

"Well how about Mavor tells you when we leave?"

"Why?"

"Dad said it was to inappropriate for us to know." Ricky said.

"Yeah, but I don't want to leave!" Tommy whined.

"How about we go get Angel some food? I bet she's hungry."

"Are you hungry Angel?" Tommy asked.

"A little." I whispered.

My throat still hurt. I doubt i'll be able to eat but I wanted to know what happened.

"Okay. We'll go get her food but we have to come right back. I haven't talked to her in three days, we have catching up to do." Tommy grumbled, walking out the door.

What does he mean he hasn't talked to me in three days? I'm pretty sure I talked to him yesterday.

"You've been out cold for three days. It's Sunday." Mavor said answering my question.

"Oh that's why you're all here."

"Yeah."

"So what happened?"

"You don't remember anything?"

"Nope."

"Well it happened after your self defense class..."

I tuned him out as what happened to me play that in front of me as if I was watching a scene in a movie.

"Angel?" Mavor asked waving his hand in front of my face.

"I remember now."