Chapter 22

Angel's P.O.V

"Authorities have yet to find the mysterious angel that has been seen around town with the latest news being that she stopped what could have been a horrifying massacre of an entire high school last week. But it seems that she never leaves any trace or clues as to her whereabouts or identity. If you have any information as to who, or where, she is, please contact us at—"

"How about no." I sighed, switching the t.v. off.

These news people won't stop talking about that same story that I'm trying to forget.

Can't they just leave it alone and talk about something new?

I got out of bed and stretched but stopped midway as someone knocked on my door. I walked over and opened it to see Rachael standing there.

"Hey Angel could you come down stairs for a second? Me and Marcus have something we need to discuss with you guys."

"Yeah sure." I said slowly, tying my hair into a messy bun.

"You go ahead, i'll wake up Mavor and we'll catch up." she said, heading over to his door.

*

"Wait so let me get this straight, you guys are going to be gone for a whole week? Like seven days?" Mavor asked a little too excitedly.

"Yes and I trust that there will be no funny business while we're gone." Rachael asked, staring directly at Mavor.

"Why do you look at me when you say that?" he asked, with a smirk.

"By the smirk on your face, I can tell you know why." she deadpanned.

"Don't worry mom nothing's going to happen." Mavor said, waving his hand in the air dismissively.

"Of course it wont because we're leaving Angel in charge." she smirked at Mavor.

What.

*

"Bye guys have a safe trip!" I waved from the front door.

I watched as they drove off and waited until they were no longer in sight to drop my smile and sigh.

Apparently something came up at Rachael's parents house so they're going to go help out for a while. Why do we get to stay? Well she said she didn't want to ruin our summer but I feel like there's something else to it. Well I guess i'll have to wait for that answer. For now I should probably figure out what I'm going to do about Mavor.

"Are you just going to sit there and glare at the wall the whole time or what?" I said, crossing my arms.

"I still can't believe this." he said dramatically still in the same position on the couch.

"It's not like i'm going to snitch on you or anything." I rolled my eyes.

"You won't?" he asked suspiciously.

"On one condition."

"What?"

"Don't bother me about anything and clean up after yourself and any guests." I said swiftly before walking away. I didn't want to spend any unnecessary time with him.

I went upstairs and decided I would just lay down again. I've been feeling pretty lousy since last week.

After several minutes of just laying there on my bed I decided that getting some lunch would be a good idea. As I went down the stairs I got a vision of an iron pan falling on Mavor from one of the cabinets in the kitchen, rendering him unconscious.

"I'll go get us something from the kitchen." I heard Mavor say from the living room.

I ran quickly down the stairs, I didn't want to explain to Rachael why her son was in the hospital when she came back.

"Mavor watch out!" I shouted, before I pushed him out of the way and onto the floor with me on top of him.

We stared into each others eyes Just like the last time, not even getting interrupted by the loud clash of the pan hitting the floor.

"Mavor what happ— what the hell is this!?"

I jerked myself up and off Mavor, remembering that we weren't alone.

"It's not what it looks like I would neve—-" I tried to explain myself.

"Why don't you just get out of here? I don't want some crazy nerd around the house." Vicky smirked.

"Well this is my house too so i'm not leaving." I shot back, knowing that Mavor would back me up.

"Mavor tell the nerd to leave."

"Why would he do tha—"

"Maybe you should go."

"But it's my house too, Mavor? I thought we were friends."

"Just because you live here doesn't mean I like you." he glared at me.

I stood there shocked for a couple seconds, I genuinely thought we were at least on good terms, but I guess not. Without another word I turned on my heel and left out the front door, slamming it slightly behind me.