Chapter 12

Aldrich POV

Two weeks I was away from central. The trouble was too much than what I had expected earlier. The storm had destroyed five villages and half of them lost everything in a blink of eyes. It was a horrible sight, seeing a family lot their member, their possession, and kids become traumatic.

It had been five years since we were having this horrible storm. The storm had given the sadness to the innocent people. That's why my royal father cancelled his trip. The paramedic and disaster division provided the victim with treatment and counseling.

I walked away from one tent to another tent, talking and promise to help them to build up all the lost. I take a break and walk to the temporary tent as my staying place. I hate to travel forth and back, waste the times.

I take a shower and lay on my bed. My hand caresses the left side, feeling an empty, and cold. Having to live with him through a few months makes me feel awkward to sleep alone. I feel so much lonely without his deviant dark eyes.

Lonely? You must kidding me, right? Wasn't I always alone for sixteen years old? Why now I felt the lonely become strange? I turn to my left side, imagine the person that has invaded my peaceful life, and sleep soundlessly in deep dream. Sometimes, I notice he would cried, screaming, and curled in ball. Sometimes, he would unconsciously, snuggled, and close our bodies.

I saw many expressions he makes when he slept. He looks so vulnerable and fragile in his nightmare. Had he suffered a past trauma? Who have tainted his childhood life? His body also covered with fading scars and two deep slashes.

But it's not my right to pry deep inside his history. How he endures everything alone if he indeed was abused victim? Why he never take charge on the abuser? I jingle my hand phone, battering whether to call Jared or not. I trust him to fully take care my queen properly. If sometimes bad happen, someone has informed me.

I decide to put off the phone away. He is safe right now, he was far away from his abuser. They never can reach or touch him again. If by miracle they ever find him, then they can kiss my wrath.

I wouldn't let somebody else to see or touch him again. He privileged was mine, and mine alone. His kissable lips, his lean and small frame body that feels right under me, his withering and defiant look. They all mine alone. But, he still refuse to smile or laughter for me. That why I felt like meanie kid that wanted to take away all his toys. What a crazy thought I'm having right now?

I can't wipe his image from my mind until my eyes surrender. Tonight I am having a weird dream. It has been a long time since I get into nice dream. In my dream, Rio and I kissing passionately, his cheek becomes light pink before him present the most beautiful smile. His dull eyes become bright and alive again.

"Why do you look tired, Amante?" I hug from behind.

"The kids tired me out, Kizaru." Rio pouts slightly.

"What they're doing this time?" His body shuddered under my whisper.

"They were smuggled out without anyone noticing again. I need to chain and put a leash on them." He still is pouting.

"Nor we can, Amante, they're our beloved fruit." I laugh at his suggestion.

He turns around and hugs me lovely, "Thanks, Kizaru, for accepting me in your life. You saved me from the dark, filled my life with colorful light, and loved me unconditionally." A tear make it ways down his cheeks.

"It was you who saved me from the lonely world. Make me move forward and open my hearts again. I love you so much, Amante, that make me hurt when we were apart." I kiss him wholeheartedly.