Chapter 46

Aldrich POV

"Amius." Rio frown after shouting that forbidden name.

"How you know his name? Mostly, why you recognized him as King Amius?" I badly want to know about it. In school, the subject about the founder forbidden and I never tell him anything about the founder too.

"How?" Rio pause while scratch his scalp that I doubt was itching. "Do you remember when I lost in a haunted house, the first time you bring me to the town."

"Yeah, that time I thought you have been outside." I replied him.

"Someone led me out after I separated with you. That someone was the person in this portrait. No, the first time I met him when I was in coma." He pointed at the King Amius picture.

"You may have gotten the wrong people. Maybe someone that has a great resemblance to him. King Amius already dead for hundreds of years."

"No, I really met this person personally. He introduced himself as a Amius with several other names. His appearance also resemblance this one. The difference was he wearing some white clothes on both even and cream on third and fourth meeting."

"Have him do something to you?" I became worried. The first king's husband didn't leave any good impression on us. He was labelled as a corrupted magician and even tried to destroy the newly founder nation.

"Nope... he only shows me a kindness, advising me to stay strong and told me about I was having a son. What's wrong?" He asks me back.

"Hmm, nothing. King Amius was forbidden topic in this country. He had revolted against his own husband and tried to kill the next king too. That had led him to death punishment. After his death, the first King never takes another king or queen, but remained alone until he dies. This was a story over seven hundred years ago or so."

"Argh, that is no way. I saw him like a normal human with some supernatural power. And, he wasn't like what you imagine he was." Rio is completely siding with the King Amius.

"Rio, I know it hard to believe and I also can't confirm if the story truth too. The history could be manipulated by certain party. Next time, if you meet him again please refrain yourself from inviting any danger. Please I beg you."

"Why are you always siding with bad people and ignore the truth. Amius is not like what you have imagined. He may have acted weird, childish and sad person but he also a gentle and caring person. I refuse to believe someone like that can plot a bad thing." Rio chest puffed with anger.

"Impossible." I scratch my head.

"Why?" He inquired with annoyance look display in his dark orbs.

"His dead had been sealed into seven layer magic barriers that had destroyed the core of his soul. No matter how strong his magic was, he can't revive himself or roaming around. The spell completely devours his soul and bound him in the deep of the bottomless pit."

"Now, I understand one of his words."

"What?"

"He said no matter what era there was, those discriminations and same dirty tactic always exist. I think, his soul didn't rest in peace."

If we think from norm perspective, the one who didn't rest in peace is the first king. He had been betrayed by his beloved one, spent his life in a lonely way." I still defend my own ideal. The thing I always think for years.

"Argh, there must be a reason behind all of this. Next time, I meet him; I would interrogate without leaving any details" His determination filled my heart with worried.