Chapter 14

Aldrich PO

I caress the face of the person who snuggle close to my chest. A tiredness was clear on his face plus some incoherent talking. I hug his slim waist and lean my chin onto his silky black hair. God, it feels so right to rest beside him. I feel contentment and peace around him.

I still feel some anger inside me when reminded that they let him stayed outside. Something may go wrong if someone successfully sniffling his whereabouts. Jared had personally knelt and asked my forgiveness for his mistake.

However, that was not fully his fault because he just cannot defy his second king order. Rio may think that was a mere request, but for loyal subjugate it mean an order. I sighed when I thought the very reason I hide him among the common folk. There is threat by an unknown group to kill him. Until now, we still have not caught any suspicious people.

His foreign blood makes people not acknowledge his presence above them. That day for the first time I felt scared to death, knowing the only light in my life was about to erase by assassins. How could they wanted to take away someone close to mine once again?

The lacerated pain attacks my uneasy heart. Looking back, I want to laugh at my stupid self for failing to notice Rio meaning in my life. I glad to immediately realize I am falling in love with him. Even if this isn't love I'll rigorously chase him to fall for me instead.

I don't know I have the worst possessive side. The separation has made me realize that ugly side of me. I refuse to share this man with other people. True to be saying, this man had breached all defensive wall inside me.

A few months staying together have made me fond him dearly in the way I never imagine before. For me love is curse. As sweet as it word, it actually contains a venomous poison that can kill someone's humanity in one bite.

So far, I have avoided it as long as I can, I just treat all people beneath me with a cold shoulder. Love no matter what kind it is type was bore the same cruelty. However, this man had successfully worm inside me. I couldn't deny and ignore his existence anymore.

I wake when I feel the squirming beside me. When I open my eyes, I was greeting by an amazing person that begin to put color in my life. His face was beet red and constantly lowers his eyes. What happened actually? Oh, I see the morning routine make he felt shy considering we were sleeping in the hall. The beds around us have long disappeared, but honestly, I really didn't feel any movement earlier.

Maybe the tiredness has eaten my sense or I have drunk in comfort embraces by my beloved one. Beloved one? That feel so embarrassing because I never fell in love with anyone before and to openly showing my feeling feel was another thing.

"Good Morning, Aldrich." A hoarse yet sweet voices sound gently beside my ear. I lower my eyes to meet with the seducing eyes. Shit! I got hardened just staring into the dark pupils. Maybe two weeks separation has made me the sex deprived.

"Morning too, Rio. So, where are the others occupants? I clear my throat.

"Judging from the wall clocks, they should be in the middle of breakfast. I couldn't believe I had missed the usual waking up times." He murmurs and disentangles himself from my arms.

We get up from the comforter. Rio quickly fold and neat the comforter before we move all the thing to the guest room.

Then, he grimaces when I follow him to bathroom too but he just shrugged it off because he never wins. I laugh inwardly watching his awkward behaviour. The purplish mark from last night activity still clearly showed on his skin. The marked make me so proud of my work.