Chapter 44

Aldrich POV

What have I done? My heart tightened hearing the conversation between Rio and the children. No, our children exactly. One of them is a son we create from our sacred relationship. How I want to face him? The conversation between them had shook my inner self, render me to shameless state. God damn it! All the effort I have done in the past was meant nothing. My husband, my Rio could produce our own kid. Our relationship was not barren like normal same gender couple. Rio is special and this was proving his value as a rare jewel.

My heart is leaping in crazy beats. One of the boys was mine and him too. The boy that had mixed DNA of us. He fulfils my wilderness thought. The boy is perfect the way he was. Thank God for the precious gift to us.

And another one also was mine. That explained why the boy resembled the Third King. Rianna, I remembered the pitiful girl and her clan that I had banned from entering the town and central. The clan I have banished to the secluded island. That little girl, without a doubt have that woman traits. How they ended together? I was puzzled from this small detailed.

I never informed Rio about their whereabouts after I banished them. I had cut off their relationship. Corwin! Yeah, that man had led Rio met with the wrenched woman again. If he had never taken the personal decision over his duty, there is no way Rio would land into that woman's hand.

From the short explanation, Rio married that woman when he suffered an amnesia. Do they manipulate him? They should have known who he was. How dare them! I grip my knuckle until it turns white. I need to go to that island, directly asking them about the situation. I may get the answer from Rio one day but it will take a long time. I want to resolve every misunderstand in between us, before we sail our life together again.

A disgusting feeling also mixed into the piece of happiness. Why? Because the effort I done in the past was mean nothing. I had slept with other women, tainted our love in ordered to create the heir that country wanted. I hurt him shamelessly in the name of protecting him from power hungry people. In the end, I was the one that damaged him too much. Still, the greedy part of me still wanted him.

With a heavy step, I retreat from earlier intent to eat lunch with them. I had lost appetite rather I feel like wanting to puke everything. First, I need to dispose all the dark seed, like Rio said. He can't make an official appearance as long those thorns still in the way. I want to give him a happiness without any interference again. So, I need to remove them from the root, erasing them without any trace.

They should have been prepared, as they dare to challenge us, the royal blood. I call Corwin to know about the current situation on his side. Josh always update the status without I need to contact him. So far, both have some positive results. Quite a lot of people were arrested during that period.

"I have traced all the maidservants and doctor and put them under interrogation." A satisfied tone overpowers from another line.

"Give me your location." I order him in the coldest tone caused the other person startled.

"Bay 33, West Side Beach underground." The phone disconnected not long after that. I used a different car, driving like a madman to said place. Before that, I had told Jared not to inform Rio anything about me. I don't want to make the situation get complicated. I didn't dare to raise any hope nor I want to admit that the love between us had completely gone.

The scenery change from heavy population to less and none existence people. The seclude place that indicated it was under private land. The main gate open after I called Corwin. After parking the car, I am hastily going to the warehouse where Corwin had told me.

I ring the bell, waiting impatiently for Corwin to appear. Less than five minutes, he appears with a blood lingering scent over his clothes. We used the elevator, going down to the deep underground. The underground level, where the torturing takes place, unexpectedly is clean. This place can pass as a hospital level.