Chapter 51

Rio POV

Because lot things are going around recently, the plan to crown Ryu as a next Crown Prince had been delayed. Mostly, because many ministries siding with Lawrence, although his maternal family had been branded as a traitor.

One of the simple reason was, they had foreseen that Ryuu is not someone who will bend to their wish. That kid almost identically to his father traits, like two peas in one pod. Ryu is different from Lawrence, the way he conducts himself and stay aloof no matter how much attention he gets.

He also sulked for one day, refusing to speak with me or Aldrich, because of our sudden decision to entitle him. He wants to pass it to his brother, Ren. But Ren also gave a negative reply. Both them didn't have any interest to involve in royal stuff. They said Royal thing only restraint their freedom and they hate being in a center of the crowd.

Ren the one who persuade Ryuu to eat and Aldrich make a promise to let him have total freedom until he resumes the position. The most laughing moment when Ryuu force Aldrich to make a formal agreement. They kid sure had put the coldblooded man like Aldrich wrapped around their fingers.

Who said someone like us, who were lacking the parent's presence when we were a kid, will fail in raising kids. That is totally bullshit, although there was some heartless human out there vented their frustrated to the innocent kids. Actually, it is up to the person either to repeat the cycle or breakthrough it.

After they signed the agreement, with Jared and Arkan as witnesses, the first smile tugged at Ryuu lips. He goes back to himself. Aldrich felt he had been cheating victim. I encircled my arm around his waist, trying pacify his rising sulking, father and son so alike.

Like that unsatisfied bitch suggested, all the ministries and royal's family votes leading to Oracle test. A solemn and wrath is again spreading in my heart. Aldrich was calming saying the test would put down the resistance and nobody will dare to protest the result again. However, his word only put me more in worry. He also never revealed what test held by oracle from his experience.

His lips tightly sealed, like it is a taboo topic. I gave up from asking him, following my gut that ensure me everything is okay. Aldrich is not a cruel father who danger his own child because some baseless rumor. Yeah, like the old time a lot of rumors spreading around, like I was cheating and use my own kids to usurp the throne from right holder. In a simple word is I am robbing it from Lawrence.

Aldrich only mute about the situation. The thing is he not a fully ignorant. I can tell he was preparing a trap to catch the unexpected mastermind that we already knew. The reason we still move in cautious because she is the sly fox, creatively plan her next move in ripe off our power.

The main concern in this case is the innocent child that had been dragged in. Not understanding what is awaiting them, in the death and alive of adult games. Feeling suffocating, I inform Aldrich to go out for a while, trying to refresh my mind with fresh air. And, of course Aldrich protest it like a madman. In the end, I still the one who win it.

I take a formal palace car, driving to the most avoiding place, the prison, with a concrete wills store in my heart. The guard open the gate and door without question, saluting when I pass them. One of the high official accompany me to that person's cell. This is my last resort to pretend the worst part.

"Sorry to interrupt your reading time." The person put down the book, squinting his eyes in distaste when see me.

"What do you want now?" Prince Wilfred gives a calculation eyes, looking slightly annoyed.

"Your son and my son had been put under Oracle Test on tomorrow noon. If you wish to not repeating the old history, you better step in and name the culprit. It is ridiculous to bet an innocent kid's life in adult greediness." I tell him.