chapter 54

Aldrich POV

Although the founder kings have departed from this world after reconciled, their pain is something I won't dare to taste. I had considered myself as a lucky since my ending not like them. They were suffering for more than a few hundred years, tortured by the loneliness and being wandering souls.

Without our help, they might end roaming around for an eternity, free but can't meet each other because the sealed put by the foolish mages in that era. I still amazed that their soul still pure and didn't corrupt by negative energy. Seem like their inner strength was something we can't underestimate.

Back to the present, Rio still stayed quiet while we are driving back home. He clutches my hands tightly with glassy eyes and some hiccups, he tried suppressed. I feel so powerless being unable to comfort him at this time. I knew he was feeling at lost after met one unexpected distance relative only to let the person go in the end.

However, no matter how powerful someone they still can't beat the Creator planned, the ultimate death. Like these two once they fulfilled the final wished, they immediately departed from this world without a second delayed, leaving no trace behind. That was the decent evidence that they have passed the world limit.

"Are you okay, Amante?" I broke the silence when he still not responding.

"Hmm... I am okay." He muttered in a hoarse voice. I grab his head close to my body, patting him in comfort while minding the road. A soft muffled with shaking body abrupt shortly.

When we arrived at home, Rio straight into our room without acquired our children condition. Usually, he would prioritize them after spending a day light without them. I decided to drop at kid room with intention to give them a head up about their dad's condition.

I heard the kids laughter and while facing the television which displaying Disney Toons. The kids turn around when sensing me. From their frowning forehead, I think they already sense something off. I gave a plain smile before taking the empty seat.

"How are you, kids?" I ask them.

"We are good.... Playing games and watching television. Uncle Arkan brought us to the beach." Ren tell me.

"Where is daddy?" Haruka asks.

"He in bathroom. Kids I have a favor to ask." I eyed them.

"What?" Ryuu questioned me.

"Can you let your father to rest tonight... I mean you can meet him tomorrow."

"Why?" Ren ask confusedly.

"Today was the stress day for your father. Thus, he need an enough rest to revert to your normal daddy. I only ask for tonight..." I almost begging to my kids.

"Okay, father. Send our goodnight to daddy and tell him to rest well. We love him and you so much." The kids take their turn to hug me.

"Don't stay too late." I remind them.

"Yes, father... after this episode end, we will take a bath and sleep." Ren promise me.

"Good night my beloved children." They nod before turning their attention to the television again. I don't know is this called as a blessed or not, having a kid that can understand you better.

With heavy steps, I open the door and walk in but didn't see Rio's figure anywhere. I sighed when push the bathroom door, hearing the rainy shower, feeling relief when I saw a lonely figure under the water with head hung down. He looks so defeated, so misery.

After peeling off from the clothes, I hug the fully dressed man, startling him a little. I rocked our body, swaying under the shower. Rio turn around and hugs me tightly. He cried hard and the hot dropped tears fell on my chest.