Chapter 15

Rio POV

I feel like in the fairy tale movie, married to royal prince and finally the prince fell in love with me. Is this another fate joke? How much it wants to test my endurance. Honestly, since the day he confessed his feeling I feel giddy and in cloud nine.

However, my phobia keeps me from answer him. I felt his disappointment and frustration when I treated his confession as a joke. Who not if suddenly the man that always shows his cold shoulder and ignores you suddenly confesses? Only the crazy man will accept it with a wide smile.

Argh, what should I do now? Is he really damned serious to commit in love married life? What will waiting us in the end of the tunnel? Happiness or suffering? I scare to step onto another false hope. I scare to feel the bitter aftertaste. I may completely break once it happened. God, why love makes our life become so much complicated.

Maybe I am scared because he means more to me than any other person. He is everything I think about, everything I want. It is strange because once upon time I hate when people wanted to become closer to me. Why now I am feeling thing? It is complicated troublesome. One half of me wanted him desperately and the other half scared to accept him in my life.

Aldrich, I don't think you know what you are doing to me. You mess with my heart. You mess with my life. Moreover, if one day you ruin me, my life will over in an instant. I scare if the day coming when I truly devote myself to him, to indulge in fully dreamlike happiness.

For others to get the confession from the ethereally prince is like a dream come true. They may as well say yes the second the word leaving Aldrich's lips.

A clear throat has been waking me from the deep thinking. Aldrich leans on the office doorframe with smugly smile decorate his lips.

"What's the hardest strategy you are thinking right now? Care to share with me." He wriggles his

"Nothing, just check some ledger for this month transaction." I lie to him.

"Hmm." He stands by my side with a smirk plastered on his face. "Checking right?"

My face was bright red because he saw through my lying. I mean the thing display on the laptop was our wedding photo. I squirm in embarrassment and hiding my face with the palm. He peels my palm, put a chastised kiss on my lips.

"Time for lunch, Amante." The word surely bright my face more after I search what it mean for. This prince really has no shame to say whatever crosses on his mind.

"Oh, sorry I lost the track of time. Let's go." I stand up.

He has immediately circled his left hand on my waist, led me to the dining hall. The palace servant had taken Aldrich changing in mood as a hot gossip topic. Even though, they have carefully to talk it in secret but sometime the words can reach my ears or Aldrich. As usual, Aldrich just grinned at me when it happens.

Aldrich acted like some a puppy love. The air around him becomes softened than his past demeanor. The servants feel gratitude with his positive an attitude changing. But, there always someone who always tries to find my fault. Some of the bad rumors accuse me for conjuring a black spell to make Aldrich kneel at my feet.

Such a bullshit! I never know any white or black spell. From my lesson, I know they exist and a common practice in this country. I can't differentiate their use or enchanted. Aldrich have given up teach me when he said it was better to teach the baby than me.

I also was uninterested to learning about it. It only makes my head having a hard throbbing and a lightheaded whole day. After two months, the tutor and he have completely given up to continue the lesson. Still, it amazed me when Aldrich uses a spell to make a colorful spark. I saw it incidentally when I'm going to searched him. It was more beautiful than any of firework I ever saw.