Chapter 45

RIO POV

Seem like Aldrich had been under heavy medicine at nights. According to Jared, the doctor had intention giving him a heavy type since they knew how workaholic he was. The dose will keep him calm and feel lazy to move around.

Jared also told me that Aldrich restricted him from telling any information regarding himself. In other word, I need to pretend to know nothing. At night, I would sneak into his room, checking his temperature and condition. My heart tightened seeing the strong man thrashed in his bed, alone. I never see his condition like the time we were together.

Wiping the sweat that form on his skin, I noticed that he had lost some weights. Ten years had consumed too much of his vitality. What really happens when I was not around? Do some of his routine drastically change?

"Rio... Rio..." This is another thing I learnt in previous nights, a thing that made me blushed whenever he mumbling my name in sleep. Other than that, he also unconsciously was calling his mother's name. If he knows the truth, he would become devastate.

I think that is not my place yet to telling him everything. He has enough stuff filling in the plate right now even though I don't know what he was dealing that causing such injured. That loyal dog, Jared never tells me anything except his injured condition. If I didn't stalk him that night, he may hide it, pretending that he was not around.

This stubborn like mule king always hide the important things. I flicked his forehead and fake an innocent when he opens his bleary eyes. He will treat everything in his sight as a dream because the medicinal effect. So, I am safe. He would under medicine for streak four nights and tonight is the last chance I would take care him.

I take the frame picture that stands on the table. It consists two marriage photos that had been taken in different time frame. I want to laugh seeing how stiffened I was on the day we married. The second picture was more carefree and loving although we acted a little childish. I sink in the two memories, reminiscing what the feeling I felt on that day. The reminiscence broke when I feel the arms around my waist.

Tsk...like old times, this man still has a habit wrapped his arms around my waist. I didn't reject it as a way to console a sick person. I let him have a good moment as a patient. Aren't I being a kind gentleman? I laugh inwardly. I brush his bang aside, revealing the paler and sweats face. I pinch his bridge nose, running my pointer finger around his face, touching his long eyelashes, shaping eyebrow down to his high cheekbones. Our Ryu would definitely look like him when he is an adult.

What is happening if we both know about Ryu existence in the past? Does our way would sail in different route? Would we not face any separation moment? Would we in the peak of happiness? It is no use to keep questioning ''what if' question over the spilled milk. Nothing can change the past.

Maybe I wasn't the one who destiny for him. I am sorry Aldrich, no matter how you prison me, if I find any opening, I still run from you. I scare to live beside you, to start over again. I am afraid that I would completely break if that thing repeats again. You are strong but I am just a weak man who actually afraid to get hurt. I want you exclusively only for myself. I don't want to share you with anyone, not with your nation or your people either. I am a selfish person and had enough acting as a hypocrite.

I just want to be myself, free to do anything and completely have you for myself. I only just a simple person who suitable to live as a commoner. I have my final answer Aldrich. For that I would ask forgiveness first because I need to break our marriage and your heart. It is impossible for me to return to your side.

So yeah, I will be leaving this country again after we have a proper discussion when I could muster the strength to face you without breaking my resolve. You also look busy lately or you just want to avoid me. Whatever a reason you have, the separation still uninvited. It's still not a right time to thinking back to his arms.