Chapter 26

Aldrich POV

Today is the busiest day, whereas I hope everything is working smoothly as I had planned. It was not the plan I made in two or three days. I had taken almost six months to set up this holiday and celebrate our anniversary.

After the epic failed of the first anniversary, I'd taken a great precaution for this time. I finished up all the paperwork and documents, important or not. I didn't give any suspicious like highlight special place or date in my schedule. I acted like I had forgotten our anniversary. If I don't, those foxes along my half-blood sibling will find the way to tangle me in some stupid thing again.

Rio was ignoring all those haters in the palace with his stoic poker face. In the almost two years in politician, Rio had shown great abilities in handling it like breathing an air. Mastering all the tricks and threats to give a lesson for those foxes. You won't find anymore the old shy, frustrated and defiant look boy that was thrown into fierce of dirty politics.

The proud is an understandable considering how my beloved survive among the trial and stood with his own confident. He held his ground in a solid way that made any tempted to sway him meet the roadblock.

As the payback, I bring him to this island. That's like his bonus for his credibility and he was awesome to stay strong beside me. I lock the door and walking to the centre of the island. I gather all the things I had been ordered in the last month. The supplier is giving me a congratulation and wish good luck.

I bring those things to the designated place, putting everything under my name tag. The organizer gives me a form where I need to fill up. After that, I walked leisurely around food stalls and grab a few local dishes that mostly is a seafood.

I open the lock and didn't spot my beloved at living room. I proceed to the dining room and set the table with the foods I bought. Not long after I hear a steady footstep behind me.

"Where are you going? Why did you not wake me up?" He half complains stop when spot the foods on the table.

"I went to buy the food." I said as he takes a chair opposite me.

"Look tasty." His stomach growls loudly that cause both of us laughing. We eat in most comfortable feeling with laugh and joke flying across the table. His eye become lively and full with life. That is a big changed since him with me.

"What are you staring? The food in the plate not on my face." He smirk after catching me staring him.

"For me, you'll be the tastiest food ever." He shrugs while continuing eating the food.

After that, I bring him walking around the small town. He is in awe by the lively town and the friendlier they are. He greets and speak with each soul who greet and wave for people who wave to him. The town is famous for its cheapest living, great weather, an amazing beach and friendly locals. I have been here thrice a year and have absolutely loved it.

The village provides all types an outdoors activity. Such like hiking, animal spotting, swimming and surfing. It's also a great place relieving all stress built in me. Luckily, nobody recognize who I was until now. I walk side by side with my love life, resting my hand on his slender waist. That way people will know we are an item.

Rio's eyes fill with excitement as we explore in the middle of the village. He tries a few accessories selling here. I let his drunk in that excitement as a smile form at my lips while looking at his childlike behaviour. His eyes shine in vibrant light and his smile sparkling. I love that feeling I get when I see his smile happily.

I take a few pictures of us, selfie and candid pictures. I plan to do a scrap book as a remembrance of each anniversary date. We can reminisce it when our hair turns gray. After a few hours, I ask him to get back to our cottage. He still in high excitement and slightly pout because it's still early.