Chapter 30

Aldrich POV

"Aldrich could you back early?" Arkan speaks from another line.

"Why? Because of the latest rumour? How Rio reaction is?" I grip the phone. Arkan sound distress and worry from another line. I sighed when knowing the source of his distress. Rio should've known it by now.

"Your little holiday had been busted. Rio fainted after throwing a little tantrum. Hope you will prepare a good excuse to pacify him." I close my eyes, swallowing the heavy guilt.

"What? Why?" My heart increase beating in worry. The coffee cup slipped from another hand. Muse and Andrew give me a curious look.

"Maybe the news is the main caused. According to Jared, Rio had mild fever since you left and can't take any food except fruit."

"Why nobody inform me?"

"Why, I wonder. Jared was same as me, but his loyalty rest on your husband. Rio must order him to keep it as a secret."

I sigh, "I will back by today." the phone disconnected.

"Change the plan. We will back now. Rio fainted." Although the reporters had report the wrong information, but the lie still a lie.

Rio must have suffered the betrayal. God damn it! Why I didn't think twice before accepted Aneliese invitation. The fact I had lied to him was never can be erased now. I had planted a distrust seed in our fragile relation. It is all my faults. The thought constricts my heart.

I should stop from dwelling in the past. Anastasia had gone. The one I met and comfort was her little sister. Although my intention was only to ease her mind, but truly it is not my job. I do it out of the respect for her late sister.

The calls I received before was from her close cousin, informed me that Aneliese tried to commit a suicide. I rushed here after putting a lie on my own husband. At that time, Rio had been giving me unreadable emotion. The first time I couldn't decipher his thought and like he had detached from his usual demeanor.

No, that is not accurate. Rio was changed from time to time after I have a meeting with the head of the mage clan. My mind processes each of his behaviours until it dawn to me the cause of the changing. I punch the mirror when my mind hit the jackpot. That was a reason of his changing side.

During the meeting with the mages, Aneliese and I become close as a friend. She accompanied and confided anything to me. Our relation didn't end when the summit over. We keep contact with each other through emailed and phone called that I deliberately hide from Rio.

Why did I do that? I should tell him about Aneliese since he is her idol. Why? Why keep her hidden from Rio? I just accepted her as a close friend. Is it not complicated to introduce your husband to your friend, from the opposite gender, right?

The answer is I still not ready to tell Rio about Anastasia. I don't know how to explain or what we have. I can't find a courage to tell him about her afraid it will lead to misunderstanding.

However, the things I had kept secret had bitch me in one big time. The misunderstanding increase two times. To make the matter worse was Rio knew it from another source. No directly from me. No excuse or common sense will work in this case.

Admittedly, it is fatally my fault. How am I going to win his trust again? I tossed the clothes into the bag, not bothering to place them in neat arrangement. The wound from the broken mirror had completely healed. I walked out of the hotel room, meet with Muse and Andrew in the halfway. Both are giving me a bewildered look.

After three hours travel, the car stopped on the palace parking ground. I run out without bothering to greet any surprise look. Jared and Arkan are waiting me at the entrance, leading me to the Rio resting room. My legs turn jelly, spotting Rio paler face with IVs drips. I move closer to him, his body rather hot. This is not a mild fever.